Blue Iris - worked for years. Now fails to start

djh_wolf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping someone can please assist.

I installed Blue Iris Tools and (coincidentally?) after clicking the option to start watchdog, Blue Iris dropped out failed to connect. The watchdog window reported that it was running.... then couldn't find the service....then was running... and so on and so on. Status changed every 5 secs or so.

I also opened up windows 'services' section of task manager (windows10) and verified that the BI service was showing as running/stopped - again, kept changing every few secs.

I tried reinstalling BI over the top. Still no joy - now there is no service running, and also, when I tried to open BI for the first time the splash box says a few messages (hi...good afternoon...completing startup...). I then see a quick flash of the main UI opening (the blues/blacks) and then it vanishes. No error messages. Nothing.

At the moment I'm utterly confused as to (a) why this has happened in the first place after all these years and (b) how to actually get my system up and running again, short of an entire wipe/reload of my dedicated i7 box.

Any ideas? I have googled/searched. I'm running the same account as I always have which is admin. Pretty straightforward system.

I'm really lost here and would appreciate some assistance please =(

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Uninstall BI tools until you get this solved.
Some of the latest updates have had issue's.
What version do you have?
Turn off auto update if that is what you are using.
Install this previous version, and see if that helps.

@Mike

djh_wolf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cheers Mike. Already unistalled. Got some error about missing redistributable files. Reinstalled. Still getting the same. Even used the rollback feature. Still no joy. Something has severely knacked my windows install here, not really sure how the hell to fix it.

Tried the version you attached, exact same thing. Something feels like it's knacked my vb runtime libraries (gut feeling), but reinstalling the redist hasn't helped.

I'm a bit, well, fuming to be honest. Haha...

djh_wolf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Righto, don't understand this. Haven't touched the cam settings. Gathered it was something to do with HW decode, so unplugged all the cams.

Fired up BI - horray!

Started to add cams one by one (i.e. reconnecting their patch leads).

Got all cams back, no problem... aside from one. Plugged it in, BI crashed. Tried to open BI - same old lack of UI. Unplugged, tried again, loaded up fine. Checked the settings for the cam, turned HW decode to NONE ... all running fine now.

What the hell ???