Blue Tint Problem

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can anybody explain the blue tint that I get at certain times of the day? Is it the camera or the NVR that's causing this?

Natural Color - No Direct Sun (cropped image)

Blue Tinted - Sun Hitting Camera (cropped image)

The reason I asked is because I just replaced my SWANN NVR8-7200 with a HIKVISION DS-7608NI-I2/8P. The SWANN had a 2MP NHD-820 camera (aka DS-2CD2022-I), whereas the HIKVISION has a 4MP DS-2CD2042-I. The SWANN camera never behaved that way. Also, I did not change the monitor, only the NVR and cameras.

I hope I can correct this blue tint somehow.

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wdr, or hlc?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wide dynamic range or head light compensation. Dahua has hlc but i think thats more for night time use. Not sure if Hik has it.

I would log into the camera and see what kind of settings you have.

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@GH75, I'm still not following you. I'm a newbie, so please be patient.

Are you saying that the WDR should be turned off/on, or that the values are wrong. If values, what's the recommended? HIKVISION doesn't have HIC as far as I know.

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its ok. I really dont know if any of that will help. Just making some suggestions.

This weekend at that time of day, log into the camera and make some adjustments. One at a time and you should see the result instantly.

WDR may not help but it takes 60 seconds to try. Try it off and on. I do not think there is a value, just off and on.

I am not familiar with HIK. It may just be the way the camera works....

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
play with your white balance settings, thats all it is.. with that lens flaring its shifting the chroma

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I modified the white balance and that corrected the blue tint problem. It still shows up a little at dusk (on the house only), but not during the rest of the day like before.
Thanks again @nayer for your advice.