BlueCherry capture card - per channel settings

Frank Ecker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I ran the BC software on Ubuntu, their tool allows you to limit the resolution (ie 704 x 480 vs 3xx x 1xx) and FPS of each camera individually to insure that the total throughput of the card was within limits. I could choose to run all 16 channels at 10 fps or maybe 8 channels at 30 fps. Any changes you made to any channel would update the total remaining capacity so you'd know if you had room to make your change.

I know that only limited BC features are supported in non-BC software. Items such as hardware motion detection are only supported on their Ubuntu system.

Does anyone have any experience with setting per-channel limits on BC cards? I see where in BI4 there are video settings for each channel but 1) I'm not sure they are actually being set into the hardware settings and 2) how do I know if I am exceeding total capacity?

Anyone using this card and can offer advice?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think you will find any users here still messing with capture cards...
Blue iris likely does not send any commands to the card..you would need a driver/software package to regulate it..

logbuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For almost 10 years I used a Blue Cherry capture card for my analog cameras. It was first under WinXP then moved to Win7. Worked pretty good using the WDM drivers but was only capable of running in 32 bit mode. About a year ago, the card failed. I called Blue Cherry in hopes of buying a new one. They sold me one and told me when it would ship. Long story short, it didn't ship, they charged my credit card, they could not tell me when it would ship. They said they were waiting on a supplier in Asia.

Several back and forth emails with Curtis (supposedly the owner) but no satisfaction - actually a huge amount of frustration. Finally Curtis abruptly canceled my order, refunded my credit card, and basically told me never to come back. I swore I would never do business with Blue Cherry again. YMMV. It was a good forcing factor to get me to move to IP cameras. Happy I made the change.