BlueIris add new server

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an existing server in the app and when I click on the "Add New Server" link nothing happens. There must be something simple I am missing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have an existing server in the app and when I click on the "Add New Server" link nothing happens. There must be something simple I am missing.
hit connect

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes it would help if the "Connect" button text would change to "Add" when the "Add New Server" option is selected.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it would help if the "Connect" button text would change to "Add" when the "Add New Server" option is selected.
its intuitive because your are connecting to the new server and there is no other option to select other than edit which would do the exact same thing.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And this might help others, I wrestled with it for quite a while.

I figure, this must be me, I'm not seeing something obvious. I'm an old man now, after all.
And here it is, the thing that wasn't obvious to me.
The existing server name and the Add New Server... they aren't buttons or links.
They're items in a roller wheel control. You need to drag it up or down so that the item you want to select is in the center.

So if you have one existing server, with "Add New Server" below it, drag that up just a bit and now "Add New Server" is the active item. Then when you hit Connect or Edit it will go to the setup screen for the new server.

After finally figuring that out, I decided I'm not just an old man now, I'm a feeble old man who is befuddled by technology. :sleepy:
FYI, there is also a "help" file in the mobile app. Click "i" icon at the bottom of the login screen.