BlueIris can't see my new Annke camera

BillRitz

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought an Annke refurbed 5MP camera, but it came with no documentation or software, and BlueIris' Find/Inspect doesn't see it (I've actually never had find/inspect work without putting the address in the top; it inspects, but can't find <grin>).
I'm assuming in the refurb process they reset the software/firmware; does anybody have an Annke and know the default address and admin password for a new camera? They say if I send them the model and ID they'll get back to me in 48 hours - gotta be a better way.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What's the exact model number?
IIRC, the OEM for Annke can be either Hikvision or Dahua, depending on the model and time frame.

After a hard reset, if it's Dahua OEM, the default IP could be 192.168.1.108, if it's Hikvision OEM, it could be 192.168.1.64.

BillRitz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll feed those two to BI find/inspect with a few passwords like admin,12345, 123456, and password, and see if I get anything.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll feed those two to BI find/inspect with a few passwords like admin,12345, 123456, and password, and see if I get anything.
If you reset the cam, get logged in using one of those IP's in your PC's browser, you'll likely be asked to create the user name and password.

Get back to us if you don't know how to do that.

BillRitz

n3wb
Reaction score
You guessed it - I don't know how to do that.
I got 15 cameras working some years ago, and last year I got them all up under BlueIris, but not with a browser.
for example, one of my cameras is at 192.168.9.114, but if I put it in a browser I get this:
1630275099457.png

If I click on the Here link, it tries to download and add something called WebCamPlugin.html, but that doesn't seem to do anything.
I use Chrome for a browser, if that helps, but I've also tried Firefox with the same results.
I need a For Dummies book about IP address, subnet mask, gateway, DNS, etc. I have all my POE cams in a big switch, and that comes off an 8-port switch which plugs into my router, and it all seems to work and BI sees them all, but I've plugged the new camera into a spare POE with the others, and nothing seems to see it.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
If I remember right, I think those default to DHCP. Never mind... That's the similar Amcrest 5MP that come DHCP.

If your router has a list of attached devices, might look there. Or can do "arp -a" at a command prompt and you'll get a list of IPs and MAC addresses and can narrow it down from that. Or, as above, the SADP tool may find it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Using the SADP Tool may be the easiest for you based on what you're saying.

When using a browser from the BI server to access the cam via IP, the BI server would need to be on the same subnet as the camera; IIRC, SADP (for Hikvision) and Config Tool (for Dahua), eliminates the "same subnet" requirement to initially access the cam's webGUI.

FWIW, in BI's "Settings" => "Web server" tab, you'll find your BI server's LAN IP, therefore you'll know what that subnet is.