BlueIris causing hard lockups on new server (Solved)

Reaction score
So, the never ending saga, that is this computer....

The SuperMicro C7Z87 motherboard, and the i7-4790K are not compatible. Changing the ring offset voltage "worked" in getting it "stable", but the computer would bluescreen every day, or more. We ended up swapping the motherboard out for an inexpensive ASUS B85M-G motherboard, and put the CPU on that, and everything was 100% stable, and working properly. I didn't even reinstall windows, just let it find the new drivers, and away we went.

The computer has been up for a week today... without issues. Supermicro will not admit that there is some incompatibility with the CPU, but I can 100% say there is something wrong.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Man, I am so tired of slightly unstable computer systems. Nobody has time for that. I hope yours is completely fixed now.

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems to be stable now :) And, again... SuperMicro is refusing to admit that there is an issue, and they want me to ship the board back to them, for further diagnostics... and, since I am in Canada, it costs me even more to ship it back to them... Not to mention, that they will "test it" and find no issues... 2 boards I've use (i RMA'd the first one), and both have the same issues... it can't just be me that has this issues.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt many people use SuperMicro boards with i7 CPUs though. They are more of a server brand, aren't they?

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I doubt many people use SuperMicro boards with i7 CPUs though. They are more of a server brand, aren't they?
Yes - my home server uses a SuperMicro board and I couldn't be happier

Did you update the bios? (this is from a NewEgg review)

[FONT=&amp]WARNING - This board does not currently support i7-4790 out of the box. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]You will need to flash the BIOS to v2.0 to work. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]However... The board will not POST with the i7-4790 installed. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]You have to INSTALL A DIFFERENT CPU to flash the BIOS. [/FONT]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813182836