BlueIris CodeProject Error

Reaction score
I am using Object Detection YOLOv5 .NET on CPAI v2.3.4. Ever since the upgrade I am getting the below error. It still seems to work through the Default Object Detection, although in Blue Iris it often says AI not responding on the alert images. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the module as well as CPAI. Any ideas how to fix this error?

Started Object Detection (YOLOv5 .NET) module
15:03:43:ObjectDetectionNet.exe: Error:
15:03:43:ObjectDetectionNet.exe: An assembly specified in the application dependencies manifest (ObjectDetectionNet.deps.json) has already been found but with a different file extension:
15:03:43:ObjectDetectionNet.exe: package: 'ObjectDetectionNet', version: '1.4'
15:03:43:Module ObjectDetectionNet has shutdown
15:03:43:ObjectDetectionNet.exe: has exited
15:03:43:ObjectDetectionNet.exe: path: 'ObjectDetectionNet.dll'
15:03:43:ObjectDetectionNet.exe: previously found assembly: 'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ObjectDetectionNet\ObjectDetectionNet.exe'
15:03:45:Server: This is the latest version

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am using Object Detection YOLOv5 .NET on CPAI v2.3.4. Ever since the upgrade I am getting the below error. It still seems to work through the Default Object Detection, although in Blue Iris it often says AI not responding on the alert images. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the module as well as CPAI. Any ideas how to fix this error?

Started Object Detection (YOLOv5 .NET) module
15:03:43:ObjectDetectionNet.exe: Error:
15:03:43:ObjectDetectionNet.exe: An assembly specified in the application dependencies manifest (ObjectDetectionNet.deps.json) has already been found but with a different file extension:
15:03:43:ObjectDetectionNet.exe: package: 'ObjectDetectionNet', version: '1.4'
15:03:43:Module ObjectDetectionNet has shutdown
15:03:43:ObjectDetectionNet.exe: has exited
15:03:43:ObjectDetectionNet.exe: path: 'ObjectDetectionNet.dll'
15:03:43:ObjectDetectionNet.exe: previously found assembly: 'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ObjectDetectionNet\ObjectDetectionNet.exe'
15:03:45:Server: This is the latest version
I had a similar thing happen when I tried to "upgrade" codeproject. I ended up instead installing 2.4.7-Beta, which is working well for me. I tried the typical-- uninstall, blow away the codeproject directories, reinstall, and still couldn't get that version to work.

Reaction score
Thanks! I will try that. I did not realize there was a newer version out as the CodeProject Dashboard says there are no updates. The download page goes to v2.4.1, I was not able to find the actual download for 2.4.7.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks! I will try that. I did not realize there was a newer version out as the CodeProject Dashboard says there are no updates. The download page goes to v2.4.1, I was not able to find the actual download for 2.4.7.

Below is the link to download 2.4.7

Reaction score
Errors went away, thanks! I assumed since the version i was on was Beta and it did not find updates, that there was nothing newer available.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How easy is it to switch between code project and deepstack? I am still running deepstack on my BI server. But I can install code project on another computer to check it out but pointing BI to the new IP. can BI take the same settings for deepstack and use it for code project or are there some settings I also need to check to make BI work for code project? Thanks.

Ryushin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen when I tried to "upgrade" codeproject. I ended up instead installing 2.4.7-Beta, which is working well for me. I tried the typical-- uninstall, blow away the codeproject directories, reinstall, and still couldn't get that version to work.
Thank you for this. I've had a heck of a time back in the summer trying to get CodeProject to work and I went back to DeepStack until I could work on this further. Went down this road again yesterday and had the same problems MethodAgent. Blew everything away and started over with the latest 2.4.7 Beta and got it working. Going to try out the new Mesh features along with Face and License plate recognition.

How easy is it to switch between code project and deepstack? I am still running deepstack on my BI server. But I can install code project on another computer to check it out but pointing BI to the new IP. can BI take the same settings for deepstack and use it for code project or are there some settings I also need to check to make BI work for code project? Thanks.
So far it's a drop in replacement for DeepStack. Going to need to find a list of Objects it detects.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So far it's a drop in replacement for DeepStack. Going to need to find a list of Objects it detects.
From CodeProject website:

• actionnetv2- This model detects human actions:
    • calling
    • clapping
    • cycling
    • dancing
    • drinking
    • eating
    • fighting
    • hugging
    • kissing
    • laughing
    • listening-to-music
    • running
    • sitting
    • sleeping
    • texting
    • using-laptop
  • ipcam-animal - This model detects the following animals: bird,cat,dog,horse,sheep,cow,bear,deer,rabbit,raccoon,fox,skunk,squirrel,pig
  • ipcam-combined - This model detects the following items: person,bicycle,car,motorcycle,bus,truck,bird,cat,dog,horse,sheep,cow,bear,deer,rabbit,raccoon,fox,skunk,squirrel,pig
  • ipcam-dark - This model detects the following items, and has been trained to recognize these items from darker images (potentially night images): bicycle,bus,car,cat,dog,motorcycle,person
  • ipcam-general - This model detects the following items, and has been trained to recognize these items from darker images (potentially night images): person,vehicle
  • license-plate - This model detects the license plates, and reports the plate numbers. This works for license plates during the day (DayPlate) and at night (NightPlate)

Ryushin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From CodeProject website:

• ipcam-animal - This model detects the following animals: bird,cat,dog,horse,sheep,cow,bear,deer,rabbit,raccoon,fox,skunk,squirrel,pig
  • ipcam-combined - This model detects the following items: person,bicycle,car,motorcycle,bus,truck,bird,cat,dog,horse,sheep,cow,bear,deer,rabbit,raccoon,fox,skunk,squirrel,pig
  • ipcam-dark - This model detects the following items, and has been trained to recognize these items from darker images (potentially night images): bicycle,bus,car,cat,dog,motorcycle,person
  • ipcam-general - This model detects the following items, and has been trained to recognize these items from darker images (potentially night images): person,vehicle
  • license-plate - This model detects the license plates, and reports the plate numbers. This works for license plates during the day (DayPlate) and at night (NightPlate)
This is great. Just now need to see how BI uses this. Be nice to switch to ipcam-dark. Though I don't know if that means IR B&W or just dark images.

Ryushin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can install code project on another computer to check it out but pointing BI to the new IP. can BI take the same settings for deepstack and use it for code project or are there some settings I also need to check to make BI work for code project? Thanks.
BI seems to detect which API is on the other end. Just point it to the new server and it should be off and running. The 2.4.7 has mesh functionality and I'm using it with success. I have CodeProject AI installed on the BI server and docker container on my Linux server. There were some specific startup options I have to give the Docker version for the mesh to work. But the mesh is working. Pretty cool actually.