BlueIris - Consuming memory until server crashes

feolilucas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I have the following environment:
Server with Windows Server 2012 with all updates installed.
64GB of RAM memory.
8TB hard drive for storage.
64 IP cameras.
BlueIris version: 5.4.7.11 and all the others I could test.

AND a big problem.

I had to reinstall my server, after installation, BlueIris consumes memory infinitely until the server crashes. YES, it consumes the 64GB of RAM!!!

I ran the RAMMAP from Microsoft to understand what was happening, I noticed that what consumes the RAM memory infinitely is the recording of the cameras, which should be done on disk. See the screenshot below:
Screenshot 2022-04-12 205543.png
These files that are written to the D: drive grow within the memory up to the size that I stipulated to make the cut in the recording. After they reach the maximum size, a new file is created in memory and the previous one is not deleted, so after a few hours all the RAM memory was consumed and the server crashes.

DETAIL: Just restarting the service or terminating the process does not clean the memory, the only way to clean it is to restart the entire server.

Could anyone help me understand why this is happening?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Some intel chips may need an different Graphics driver. than what your running. You may have lost the correct graphics driver in the " reinstall server"
Also turn on Substreams
and turn off Hardware acceleration globallly...
see what happens

Last edited:

feolilucas

n3wb
Reaction score
Some intel chips may need an different Graphics driver. than what your running. You may have lost the correct graphics driver in the " reinstall server"
Also turn on Substreams
and turn of Hardware acceleration globallly...
see what happens
It really could be it! The video drivers were not installed, just the generic driver.

Installed and am testing now.

Thank you very much for the help, if you solve it, feel loved.

One more doubt, you said to enable substreams... how do I do that?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Copy and paste the main stream profile into Sub. then change the 0 to a 1 in sub line

/cam/realmonitor?channel=2&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
/cam/realmonitor?channel=2&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Your stream code may vary a bit.

feolilucas

n3wb
Reaction score
Copy and paste the main stream profile into Sub. then change the 0 to a 1 in sub line

/cam/realmonitor?channel=2&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
/cam/realmonitor?channel=2&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Your stream code may vary a bit.
All my cameras are like this, Generic/ONVIF. They are from the manufacturer Intelbras. Is there anything that can be done?

1649810692736.png

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
If you click on "Find inspect" button and let it run through its search, and see if it lists a main stream code string like mine. If it does, you can copy and paste that into Main and the copy it into Sub's but change toe 0 to a 1

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
also if you upgraded versions and were capturing Jpegs in previous versions. under the Record tab. they added a " Continous" as the default. That sent mine to 100% when I upgraded to 5.4.7.11

feolilucas

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately updating the video drivers did not solve the problem. The server is currently crashed with 100% RAM in use. I do not know what else to do :(

1649839695150.png

feolilucas

n3wb
Reaction score
If you click on "Find inspect" button and let it run through its search, and see if it lists a main stream code string like mine. If it does, you can copy and paste that into Main and the copy it into Sub's but change toe 0 to a 1
When I click on Find inspect, it continues the same way. This is the result of "Find".

BlueIris worked normally on this same server before and I didn't have these memory problems. Do you think it could be an operating system problem?

feolilucas

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys,

Apparently the problem was in Windows. I installed Server 2016 and it is no more than 8GB of memory in use.

Fuck this shit!:|

Thank you so much my friends.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I realize you had a RAM issue. However, any chance you've completed all the recommendations outlined in the wiki?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out.

We have seen lots of issues when someone uses something other than Windows 10.

Some people run on different versions fine, but then it opens it up to so many more possibilities of things that can go wrong.

feolilucas

n3wb
Reaction score
So, after a lot of struggle... I don't know what happens!!!

Windows Server 2016: It worked for a while, then the problem came back.
Windows Server 2012: Memory problem since forever.
Windows 10: Ok, working, but the web interface is very slow.

That's all for now.