BlueIris doen's delete old clips in order

andre__x

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all!
I've been using BlueIris (5.5.7.2) for some years, but I'vew just noticed that it doesn't delete old clips automatically.
I've set it up to limit the storage at 5TB, the drive is 6TB, but the disk is full and I still see clips from months ago and just a fee from the last days.
1688484167501.png
1688484189155.png
The Stored folder has just about 200GB of video.
As you can see, the it seems to delete clips at random:
1688488439761.png 1688488444879.png

I really don't understand!!!
HELP! :)
Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you manually flagged them or have anything being flagged by default? If so, depending on your other settings, it may not delete flagged clips.

Are you moving files from NEW to STORED on the same drive? If so, stop that and just keep them all in NEW.

andre__x

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you manually flagged them or have anything being flagged by default? If so, depending on your other settings, it may not delete flagged clips.
Hemm...What do you mean by "flagged"? How can I flag a clip?
Are you moving files from NEW to STORED on the same drive? If so, stop that and just keep them all in NEW.
No, as you can see, I don't move the clip to STORED, I just use the NEW folder.
Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh ok - you mentioned you have 200GB in stored folder, so I thought you had something moving there.

A couple ways clips can get flagged - you manually (or accidentally LOL) tag them to be flagged as you are reviewing them or you are using BI AI and tell it to autoflag triggers.

andre__x

n3wb
Reaction score
All of this is explained in the BI help file...
Very, very helpful answer, thanks a lot!

A couple ways clips can get flagged - you manually (or accidentally LOL) tag them to be flagged as you are reviewing them or you are using BI AI and tell it to autoflag triggers.
I've checked and the old clips have not been flaged or protected.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem....I will look in the directory and there will be stuff from 6 months ago in there while more recent stuff (from just a few weeks ago) gets deleted to make room. This has been going on for years, and no, nothing is flagged to protect/save.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Have both of you tried a database reindex? Or does that fix the issue temporarily and the problem then slowly returns?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a problem like this once. BI was deleting clips just after creating them, and leaving the oldest clips intact. In my case it was caused by clip database corruption (which happens shockingly often with Blue Iris).

If you right click any clip and choose Database > Repair/Regenerate, it may fix the problem. If that does not work, you may need to use the Delete & Regenerate option. Know that while any database repair or regenerate is active (which can take an hour or more for large databases), no new video can be recorded.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do not know about indexing (not sure where to do that), but I do have it set to do a Compact/Repair every day at 4am.

andre__x

n3wb
Reaction score
I've repaired/regenerated the DB yesterday, but the NEW folder exceeded the limit and the old clips are still not deleted.......

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve only ever had this happen when I’ve renamed cams in BI, the rename causes the old clips to be no longer valid and required a manual tidy up.

What I would do if you don’t care about the existing footage is, stop BI, delete all clips from Windows explorer from all the folders that you have configured in BI, then delete the content of the BI database folder and then restart BI.

On start it should rebuild the database and then take it from there to see what happens.

andre__x

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve only ever had this happen when I’ve renamed cams in BI, the rename causes the old clips to be no longer valid and required a manual tidy up.
I've checked and I haven't renamed the cameras.
What I would do if you don’t care about the existing footage is, stop BI, delete all clips from Windows explorer from all the folders that you have configured in BI, then delete the content of the BI database folder and then restart BI.
On start it should rebuild the database and then take it from there to see what happens.
Unfortunately I can't do that. Even if I could, I would know if it works only in a few weeks when the storage hits the limit.
But thanks for the idea.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any issue's such as this should be reported to BI support, by the proper method as outlined in the BI help file. The more that report it, the more likely it will get fixed.