Blueiris iOS app geofencing settings help

vwsplitty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
im trying to get my parents blueiris set up switching profiles via the geofence feature of the iOS app.
I’m not too concerned with the actual profiles at the moment as I can’t see to get past the phones being seen by the BI server as “inside” even when a few miles away for a test.
Does anyone know what the two locations offered in the geofence option of the app actually mean and how they should be set?

I have tried setting both server and then going back in a setting my location using 50m as the distance option.

No matter what I do I can’t seem to get the phones to be “outside”

Additionally 2x iPhones are both using gps as “always” for blueiris and I have the app open to test.

Attachments

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you setup your Lat and Long on the schedule tab within BI?

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So far as I know, when you set the geofence radius at eg 50m, the 'Server location' in the 'Set geofence' popup window is not the location of the PC server running BlueIris and so can never be used.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No not on my parents one. Also found the attached which I’m guessing is what you are referring too? Meaning I should just set
Location on their phones while at home and that should be it?
Yep, or you could enter the coordinates of your BI server in the schedule tab and and use the server location.

vwsplitty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Set just uses the 50m my current location option on both phones while outside the front door. And seems to work ok now thanks