BlueIris keeps closing?

dhendriksen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It seems like everytime I come down to the computer that BlueIris is running on, the BlueIris app has closed. What can I do to keep the application from closing?

This is a nice computer with i7 processor, 32GB of Ram, etc... It's a clean OS, with the only apps installed being BlueIris and Google Chrome.

I'm a Mac guy and not a PC guy so looking for suggestions. Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems like everytime I come down to the computer that BlueIris is running on, the BlueIris app has closed. What can I do to keep the application from closing?

This is a nice computer with i7 processor, 32GB of Ram, etc... It's a clean OS, with the only apps installed being BlueIris and Google Chrome.

I'm a Mac guy and not a PC guy so looking for suggestions. Any ideas?
You will have to provide more detail than that. What do you mean by closed? Crashed and not running? What version of blue iris?
If so you may have a memory leak. You need the latest intel driver from intel, not your OEM. i7 is a meaningless term.

dhendriksen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You will have to provide more detail than that. What do you mean by closed? Crashed and not running? What version of blue iris?
If so you may have a memory leak. You need the latest intel driver from intel, not your OEM. i7 is a meaningless term.
Fenderman, thanks for the reply. When I say closed, I mean the application isn't running. The application is closed, and my control system can't see the cameras (because it accesses them via BlueIris). I am running the latest version of BlueIris, 5.2.1.4.

In the PC settings, for processor it says: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 at 2.80GHz 2.93 GHz.

Does that you give you enough detail to go off of? I appreciate the assist, I just want to make sure it's reliable as I travel a lot and my wife isn't up for trying to figure things out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman, thanks for the reply. When I say closed, I mean the application isn't running. The application is closed, and my control system can't see the cameras (because it accesses them via BlueIris). I am running the latest version of BlueIris, 5.2.1.4.

In the PC settings, for processor it says: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 at 2.80GHz 2.93 GHz.

Does that you give you enough detail to go off of? I appreciate the assist, I just want to make sure it's reliable as I travel a lot and my wife isn't up for trying to figure things out.
The i7-860 was released in q3 2009. This is a 10 year old computer and although an i7 is weaker than modern i3 desktop processors. Running this old machine 24/7 will cost you more than buying a newer i5 4th gen and up. Good systems can be have for 150 great systems for 300-400. There are many threads on this subject. Also see wiki on choosing hardware.

dhendriksen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The i7-860 was released in q3 2009. This is a 10 year old computer and although an i7 is weaker than modern i3 desktop processors. Running this old machine 24/7 will cost you more than buying a newer i5 4th gen and up. Good systems can be have for 150 great systems for 300-400. There are many threads on this subject. Also see wiki on choosing hardware.
Thank you. I'm aware that the processor has been around for a while. I can also appreciate what you're saying around power consumption. I can also browse through the Wiki again with regards to hardware. I put this together for free using stuff I had around the office and for now I'm going to stick with it.

That said, do you have any suggestions as to things to check or reasons behind why I may be experiencing the app shutting down? That's really what I'm after here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm aware that the processor has been around for a while. I can also appreciate what you're saying around power consumption. I can also browse through the Wiki again with regards to hardware. I put this together for free using stuff I had around the office and for now I'm going to stick with it.

That said, do you have any suggestions as to things to check or reasons behind why I may be experiencing the app shutting down? That's really what I'm after here.
Did you perform a clean install using windows media creation tool? check the event viewer logs. run blue iris as a service so it restarts in the background. See help file.