blueiris service running but blueiris.exe drops to 2% cpu usage.

smallpox

n3wb
Reaction score
hi, i go from around 90% cpu on 25 cameras (dual x5650 cpus) to 2% sometimes, it's happened twice now in a month but last time that i noticed it, it was down for a week, just installed BlueIris Tools, not sure if this will detect it's down but anything i should look at? it was rather stable for a few months. server is fine, i've checked out all components.

thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@smallpox, this is likely due to your server being overloaded...if you are at 90 percent regularly its too high...are your recording in direct to disk mode? what cameras are you using and what resolution are they set to?

Last edited by a moderator:

smallpox

n3wb
Reaction score
@smallpox, this is likely due to your server being overloaded...if you are at 90 percent regularly its too high...are your recording in direct to disk mode? what cameras are you using and what resolution are they set to?
hi, i don't think i am recording direct to disk because either the geovision 2mp cameras or hikvision (majority) 3mp exif will come out blank i believe..

i have the same machine in another building running 40 cameras, around 90%, that's only crashed once or twice..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi, i don't think i am recording direct to disk because either the geovision 2mp cameras or hikvision (majority) 3mp exif will come out blank i believe..

i have the same machine in another building running 40 cameras, around 90%, that's only crashed once or twice..
The hikvision cameras will run perfectly direct to disk...you will save lots of cpu...im sure the geovision will be fine as well...this is the first thing to try..what do you mean by blank?
additionally that server is a huge power hog, and if its pegging at 90 is costing you a fortune to run..