BlueIris Settings for Dahua IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS Starlight Camera-Varifocal

Imburr

n3wb
Reaction score
What settings are optimal for the camera?

Basically want real time view, whatever settings I try I seem to get skips/lags. Viewing on a low end Android box, which happens to be on wifi, using the TinyCam app.

What settings are optimal for BlueIris?

Running 4 cameras on a hearty machine, web server only available on LAN, all cameras wired, BI wired.

Recording locally to SD card, I need enough footage to see what is going on 10 ft away, nothing crazy just front door traffic.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IMO, there's not much to setup in Blue Iris in terms of camera settings ... it works with whatever settings you've made on the cameras themselves. If TInyCam is pointing directly to the cameras, then it sounds like Blue Iris is out of that loop? If you're not already, you might try pointing TinyCam to the cameras substream. It's lower resolution, but may help the slower Android box keep up. If the Android box has a web browser, you might try pointing it at BI's UI3 web interface... that might use less resources on the Android box.

Personally, I have most of my cameras set to use a variable frame rate, highest quality, and 15 FPS. For me, the quality is good, and the bandwidth they produce is reasonable.