BlueIris Two-way talk with a Bluetooth conference speaker/mic?

mike123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Team. I have a Dahua 5442 camera which doesn't have a speaker/mic so I purchased this Bluetooth conference speaker
With BlueIris, it seems to work fine to play sound alerts when triggered and even listen into conversations in the live view or recording. But pressing the "mic" icon in my iOS device to talk to the person on the other side doesn't make any sound on speaker. I setup the bluetooth speaker/mic as the default input/output in the "Audio" tab for the Camera but no luck. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you have given the BI app every permission on your device, and for the mic toggle permission off and on.

mike123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah iOS iPhone device has all permissions enabled. I also tried toggling mic permission off and on on the iOS permissions didn't help.

I saw some threads where people were told to change settings on the Video -> Configure section but I don't think those apply for a Bluetooth conference speaker/mic?

mike123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any other ideas it seems like two-way talk issue is not unique to my iOS device any device I use to two-way talk to the bluetooth speaker/mic doesn't make any sound when pressing the "mic" button