Bluetooth help?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've tried, and I've searched. Heck, I even tried finding help with Google, so you know I'm running out of ideas. Anyway, I have 2 computers and a Galaxy S9 android phone that I wanted to control with one device, so I bought this keyboard which has numerous reviews with people using it for 2 computers:

Computer A works perfectly with the 2.4 dongle
Galaxy S9 works with either Bluetooth
Neither computer (or my wife's Win10 laptop) can detect the device via Bluetooth

My wife's laptop has Bluetooth built in. I had 2 older Bluetooth adapters to try with my two computers. That not working, I tried a newer Bluetooth adapter (5.0). I've tried uninstalling the Bluetooth adapters. I've tried changing the Bluetooth device drivers. I've tried the Bluetooth drivers that are on the maker's site (which Win10 complains are older). It doesn't matter, my Win10 machines simply will not detect it. I know the Bluetooth works because any of our phones (even our older Galaxy S3s) find it without a hitch.

Can anybody with experience here give me a clue? TIA!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Oh, also, any of my Bluetooth adapters on any of my computers will find everything else I own (speakers, earbuds, microscope, etc.)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Bluetooth for anything other than a mouse/trackball. I've tried multiple devices, ear buds mostly, that claim to pair with another device but the problem is if that other device is on they don't pair with anything else.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My speakers and my earbuds will both connect with two different devices. The microscope has to be paired each time I want to change it to a different computer or phone.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Make any progress with this?

I tried BueTooth headphones for the TV and couldn't deal with the delay/out of sync audio. They're fine for phone calls and listening to tunes but even with the phone when watching live or even video the delay is very distracting to me.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've tried, and I've searched. Heck, I even tried finding help with Google, so you know I'm running out of ideas. Anyway, I have 2 computers and a Galaxy S9 android phone that I wanted to control with one device, so I bought this keyboard which has numerous reviews with people using it for 2 computers:

Computer A works perfectly with the 2.4 dongle
Galaxy S9 works with either Bluetooth
Neither computer (or my wife's Win10 laptop) can detect the device via Bluetooth

My wife's laptop has Bluetooth built in. I had 2 older Bluetooth adapters to try with my two computers. That not working, I tried a newer Bluetooth adapter (5.0). I've tried uninstalling the Bluetooth adapters. I've tried changing the Bluetooth device drivers. I've tried the Bluetooth drivers that are on the maker's site (which Win10 complains are older). It doesn't matter, my Win10 machines simply will not detect it. I know the Bluetooth works because any of our phones (even our older Galaxy S3s) find it without a hitch.

Can anybody with experience here give me a clue? TIA!
Sounds like you tried everything I would try. Have you contacted their support?

support@jellycomb.com

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Make any progress with this?

I tried BueTooth headphones for the TV and couldn't deal with the delay/out of sync audio. They're fine for phone calls and listening to tunes but even with the phone when watching live or even video the delay is very distracting to me.
Nope. I don't use the speakers or earbuds for tv, just for music.

Sounds like you tried everything I would try. Have you contacted their support?

support@jellycomb.com
Yep, I emailed them after about two days of not getting it to work. That was Monday. Nothing back from them yet.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
JIK this is ever an issue for anyone else... I had already tried deleting all of the drivers a few time without luck. This time, after deleting all the drivers, I went scorched earth by going into the registry and deleting anything Bluetooth (there were a ton of hits for Bluetooth, let me tell you). I then rebooted. After that, I inserted the Bluetooth adapter. Finally I had Windows Update look for updated drivers and it found an updated Bluetooth driver (it didn't find any when I tried prior to doing all this crap). Now I tried adding a device and it found it! All good, but certainly not for the faint of heart...

I definitely like one keyboard/mouse (trackpad actually) running all three devices. I've got a lot more free space on my desktop now. I kept the dongle for the mice on each computer plugged in as they don't take up much room and I prefer the scroll wheel for some things. Maybe I'll eventually get used to the two and three finger "gestures" on the trackpad and dump the mice down the road.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This is different for me, so if you're already proficient with a trackpad, please ignore. :p

Two fingers at once on the trackpad is like the scroll wheel on my mice, and it works pretty darn good. Maybe it won't be very long down the road to lose the mice after all.