Blur iris 5 and the WWW

MrData

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess I need some help here.
I bought the full Blue Iris app, have 2 cameras configured and they work nicely on my local computer, my LAN.
Ok, now I'd like to put this out on the Wide World of Webs. I have my port forwarded, canuseeme can see it and I have copied mobile.htm, cell.htm, ui3.htm over to my web site.
How do I organize things so that the references to %%SERVERNAME%% and %%CAMLIST%% are found on my local computer. I've tried adding HTTP:/<ip_number:port>/ to
%%SERVERNAME%% but that doesn't seem to work. I just have a blank square where the drop down and the video are supposed to be.

The reason I bought BI was to replace my existing WebcamXP software which is getting kinda old. I also like the ability to add weather information to my stream.
WXP will generate some html code that can be added to a web page and allows you to select one of the cameras to show in the main view window. It references back to the local <ip_number:port> to get the camera info.
BI already has that drop down selection in the cell.htm & mobile.htm files (the simplest ones without any references to clips or alarms).
What I would like to do is have cell.htm or mobile.htm, located on my website, retrieve %%SERVERNAME%% and %%CAMLIST%% from my local computer.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanx

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Port forwarding is not the best hoice for accessing BI from outside of your LAN. Have a look at this thread -

VPN Primer