Blurring with IR on IPC-HDBW4231F-AS - (Mini Wedge)

motef

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I have an issue with blurring on my image when the IR comes on on my IPC-HDBW4231F-AS - (Mini Wedge)

As you can see in the image around the top left of the car windscreen, down the left hand side of the car and on the left on the side of the fridge it is most noticeable

This is a new unit and i have removed the cover and cleaned it but it doesn't help

Any ideas?

Thanks

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If same results when dome off, then image properties need to be changed.

However it looks that the dome might not be securely snugged down or there is an issue with light sealing ring around the lens.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK. Is it possible to reduce the IR reflection on wall to right of frame and possibly above the camera?

Firstly try and re-aim camera away from wall to right.

Can also test with matt black cardboard or matt black paint or even a black (or dark) T-shirt to the right of the camera. I would try a dark t-shirt first. Actually even a dark towel on the wall to the right of camera would give decent indication.

Need to reduce the reflected IR.

If there is a white ceiling can also test bringing the camera closer to the ground. I would think the height of the door frame to right of picture would be better but trial and error.

EDIT: Before relocating camera @motef try moving the aim toward top of frame. You probably don't need to see the top of whatever it is at bottom of frame. Pan left, tilt up.

Last edited:

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That image is way better without the dome. is that all due to IR glare? Or is it somehow something to do with focus, even though it is not adjustable? On that note, does anyone on this forum understand optics (or know of someone) that can explain why fixed lens cameras do not need to adjust focus, while adjustable lens cameras do, even at a fixed zoom?

Last edited:

motef

n3wb
Reaction score
The image still has issues with the dome off i have noticed

Any ideas

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried blocking the reflected IR from wall and ceiling?

How about re-aiming camera?

Looks like reflected IR to me.