Blurrryyyy

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had my 4 cameras configured and plugged into the NVR for over a month now. 5442s and one 180.

I finally got around to running the wires, well one as the heat in the attic kicked my tail, I connected one of the 5442s and oh my gosh is it blurry.

What could be the cause of that as it was not like this before disconnecting and mounting.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Which 5442? If not the fixed, is that after trying to focus?

Reaction score
That image looks like it was taken from a substream. It's also reporting the bitrate at 66KB/s which is way too low. I'm surprised the image even looks that good at 66KB/s. What app did you use to view that image? What are your mainstream and substream settings?

FLGator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DMSS is the app and I don't remember the settings but they were from a post here from either bigredfish or wittja and their post spelling out step by step each setting in the camera.

All I did was disconnect the camera from the NVR, unplugged the NVR and moved it upstairs and then connected the one camera (for now) to port 1 on the NVR.

I guess I need to go into the camera again and look at those settings anc compare with what they should as shown in the post I went by.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^^^
This, it just needs the auto focus button clicked.

And yes if its from a phone its the subtream and as @smiticans mentions even for the substream 66Kb/s is ridiculously low. You do have a real computer to login to the camera with right?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Confirm from a PC thru camera GUI what the bitrate is set to and yes that is an out of focus image.