Bluueiris Email on setup

Cliff Pitts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having a problem with the email server on Blueiris. I enter the correct credentials on Blueiris and it test ok and I get an email. When I try to setup the sms on a camera I get the error message "check email ***" I have reinstalled the data on the Email server tab in Blueiris and get a positive test but the same message when setting up the sms on the cameras.
If this is not the correct forum to post this chase me out.

Cliff Pitts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recall your other thread ==>> Blueiris Email

So why are you setting up the camera AND Blue Iris to send an e-mail and/or SMS?
Thanks for responding. I just moved and setting up cameras and blue iris. It worked fine for a while but setting it up again has be problematic. I want Blueiris to send me text messages and pictures when the outdoor cameras have detected motion. I am 84 and like the security of knowing who is at the door. I will keep trying.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I just moved and setting up cameras and blue iris. It worked fine for a while but setting it up again has be problematic. I want Blueiris to send me text messages and pictures when the outdoor cameras have detected motion. I am 84 and like the security of knowing who is at the door. I will keep trying.
Have the camera just stream the video to BI (Blue Iris) and setup BI to detect motion, send alerts, etc.
No need to also have the camera detect, send alerts, etc....just BI.

And for speed and reliability, consider Pushover for BI to send you an alert...I get mine in my Pushover app on my iPhone in less than 3 seconds, sometimes as long as 5.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on Pushover

SMS/Text is the least desirable option as every mobile provider is tightening their spam algorithms, so every mobile provider goes thru spells where you don't get the text alerts.

Cliff Pitts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have the camera just stream the video to BI (Blue Iris) and setup BI to detect motion, send alerts, etc.
No need to also have the camera detect, send alerts, etc....just BI.

And for speed and reliability, consider Pushover for BI to send you an alert...I get mine in my Pushover app on my iPhone in less than 3 seconds, sometimes as long as 5.
Hi, I have to code line for pushover ready to paste to Bi and didn't follow the instructions on how to test it on a command prompt. Is there an y info on this anywhere? Thanks again.