Bobcat Sighting In Daylight

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
A bobcat was seen behind our house yesterday about 12 minutes before sunset. Bonus points if you can spot the fawn laying on the hillside looking away from the dirt road. The bobcat was headed in the direction of open hillside.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a hint about the fawn. You can only see it for about 5 seconds, starting at the 58 second mark of the video.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if you put some catnip down by the road?!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Upper left corner, moves it's ears.

Wonderful vid. Is that the mom?
That is correct, good eye to spot it. There is also another fawn on hillside just below this one, but it is out of view. Funny thing about that deer in the video, it is not the mom. The mom is bigger than the one in the video. She leaves the 2 fawns on occasion to feed nearby. About half the time I see the mom and her 2 fawns this deer is nearby stalking them. It likes to play and chase the 2 small fawns. If it gets too close to the fawns the mom will chase it away. Here is still frame when the fawns were about a month old. On this day, the mom left both fawns up on this corner. The fawn on the front steps stayed there until 9am, when the mom finally came to pick it up. Her second fawn was across the street. She came back at 11am to pick that one up

.cap_Cam51.20210508_054000_1_00_00_12_01r.jpg