Books, or other references to...

Todd Schmidt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
any one have any suggestions for books or other references to help me learn networking? I'm decent at figuring things out on my own but was wondering if there are any resources that I can hone up on my networking lingo and know-how.

This forum has been great but some of the stuff in the wiki and elsewhere is beyond me. Especially when it comes to network settings. This will be my first time setting up a home network and I want it to be efficient, with the cameras and everything else.

Thanks.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
any one have any suggestions for books or other references to help me learn networking? I'm decent at figuring things out on my own but was wondering if there are any resources that I can hone up on my networking lingo and know-how.

This forum has been great but some of the stuff in the wiki and elsewhere is beyond me. Especially when it comes to network settings. This will be my first time setting up a home network and I want it to be efficient, with the cameras and everything else.

Thanks.
Hi @Todd Schmidt

I've been finding some great videos on youtube for all sorts of topics, including IT.

Here's an example of a channel I was watching recently on pfsense
Lawrence Systems / PC Pickup