Bootloop/bootcycle hikvision camera's (DS-2CD2132F-I)

MAHV

n3wb
Reaction score
Just want to share solution I discovered to circumvent a bootloop that suddenly happened to two cameras at almost the same time (after 4 years of good operation).
They both boot until the IR-leds light up, after which the device reboots.
Initially I thought a power/cable failure would cause the problem, since two cameras went into this state at exactly the same time.
After ruling out my initial thoughts, I tried a hard reset on one of the cameras. This made the camera accessible again (activation screen appeared).
I reinstalled the old settings en rebooted the camera, finding out it went into a bootloop again.
To make a long story short: If I reinstall all settings EXCEPT a change to the HTTP/HTTPS ports, both camera's work fine, also after a reboot / power-off/on.
As soon as I change the portnumbers, the camera go into a bootloop after a reboot.
Very strange since different portnumbers has been working for 4 years including many reboots.

Hope this helps others to give their IP-cams a second life!

MAHV

n3wb
Reaction score
With respect to log: I do not intend to try it again now they are working again ;-)
They are mounted on an outside wall again, so resetting is a bit of a hassle.
Firmware: V5.4.5build 170123.
Remains strange this happens after 4 years of good operation for both cameras at the same time and I can't change the ports from default 80/443 as I've done before.
Would almost think about external intervention or firmware programmed.
Anyway, have blocked internet access for the camera's now, should have done this earlier.

MAHV

n3wb
Reaction score
Oops, so I should revert to previous version or indeed block web-access.
If you're right, this also means that someone from outside has installed different firmware without knowing my strong password on both cams.
Sounds weird.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Exploits like this typically bypass any authorization so your strong passwords aren't even in play.

Whether someone has or not is a different matter but you shouldn't have any of these things exposed to the world.