Bought house with Hikvision system installed, requires update

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope I can get some advice on here rather than using a security firm to update the CCTV.

The background is that we've recently moved to a new home and it does have Hikvision PoE CCTV installed:
2 x DS-2CD2335FWD-I
5 x DS-2CD2232-i5

I have already replaced the NVR with a Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P with an old 2TB and a 1.5TB HDD, as the old NVR was full of bat-shite in the loft and I did have no password to access it.
That's the problem in general, the installation has happened by a company called Matrix but it was many years ago and I am not able to get the passwords for the cameras.
Hence I am wondering what I can do in terms of using the cameras or if I should just go ahead and replace them?
I was able to take a closer look at the two turret cameras, as I can reach them from a short ladder; they are at the front and the back entrance. There is no reset button anywhere, not even when opening their case. I haven't been able to check the other cameras as they are so high up but from what I can gather, they don't have any reset button either.

What would you recommend that I do with regards to these cameras? Shall I go and just upgrade to more recent versions and if so then what would you recommend?
It's a large residential property with a 1 acre plot. Only one camera points at the gate where vehicles come in. The rest of the cameras basically point into different corners of the garden and the sides of the house so the main purpose would be to see people/intruders coming in that way.

Any advice is appreciated.