Boxed camera system for novice user

Caynadian

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a widower friend who would like to get a camera system to watch her home during the day while she is at work. I understand that most people on this site prefer the better high end Dahua and Hikvision cameras (we use Hikvision at work and they're great) but this is not really what she needs for the following reasons:
  • She is NOT tech savvy at all so I will be helping her to install the system but I can't be there to support it all the time. So cameras, windows machine, Blue Iris, routers, etc. is too complicated for what she needs and what I can support.
  • We do not live in the US (or any major world city) so it can make it difficult to order products from specialty stores that won't accept international credit cards.
  • She doesn't need spectacular night vision that can read license plates and make out faces in pitch dark surroundings. Besides, in our area, most crime happens during the day time when people are at work and not at night as one would expect.
So, what I am looking for is a good boxed system that is not full of security holes, has good simple interface, and a good Android mobile app (which is what I'm sure she'll use the most). Does anyone know of an 8 camera, 8/16 channel NVR system that would be good in this application?