Brace yourself.....it's only going to get worse, IMO

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The VA had me a new Rx for glasses, FedEx was to ship them from MS, right next door to AL. They left the labs on 11/10 and were in limbo until today...the glasses spent 19 days in a little town in MS.

When they arrive (IF they arrive), they'll be a spare pair because a week ago the VA had them ship another pair directly to the VA near me. Bureaucracy in action, aided by, in my experience, the worst shippers around here. I realize people have had issues with UPS but for me and for this area, rural Alabama, UPS wins by a landslide. YMMV.

And this recent episode doesn't help Fedex's rep any => Hundreds of FedEx packages located in Blount County ravine

glasses.jpg

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Suddenly two of my packages went from potentially early delivery to “pending”

Waiting for FedEx to give an update. If UPS and USPS can deliver so can FedEx

I’m actually on the verge of canceling my amazon prime membership because their delivery service simply sucks alongside lasership

I can’t even consider Walmarts 90 day membership trial because they use FedEx

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got on Amazon yesterday looking for stuff. Whatever happened to Prime next day delivery? Everything I was looking at had ”delivery on the 14th (Tuesday). Yesterday was Wednesday. So next day delivery went from next day to 6 days. And this is all stuff I’ve ordered in the past.
If it wasn’t for the bullshit and dealing with the general public, I’m at the point I’ll got to a box store and pay more for a item if I need it instead of waiting 6 days

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Our farm has trucking division, we went to our tire shop last week for some steer tires. We got laughed at and told good luck. We called everywhere and no one had anything.

So there is a trucking problem in this country, and now the trucks can get Tires

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I ordered something from China, the only place I could find what I want. It's in the "trusty" hands of DHL now in San Diego (arrived by air from China). Now it'll take 17 days to get to me in NJ. Lightning fast service. NOT!

Last edited:

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ordered something from China, the only place I could find what I want. It's in the "trusty" hands of DHL now in San Diego (arrived by air from China). Now it'll take 17 days to get to me in NJ. Lightning fast service. NOT!
Confucius said,
Patience my friend. We have to row a canoe to your location.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
An update to my post #1!

The glasses were delivered Friday 12/3, a week ago. They spent 23 days travelling from AL to MS, next door. Thank the Lord it was a sturdy little box.....it looks like it had a really rough voyage.

THE VA sent a replacement pair that I received 2 weeks ago...now I have a spare pair!

VA-glasses_FedEx_120321b.jpg

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Amazon Prime still delivering things here on time/schedule. Just saying.
HI @Natey2

"Amazon Prime still delivering things here on time/schedule. Just saying."

Guess you're lucky, I had one Amazon Prime product (*) I ordered go from you will get it in 2 days, .. to 3 days .. 4 days .. 5 days .. 7 days .. and then cancelled with a note "customer failed to accept" or something like that .. ( instead of the truth of "Amazon Prime failure to deliver an reportedly in stock item" ). The item was never an attempted delivery .. just recorded as such to keep their metrics ok.

( *- a tech product that I really needed .. I do not order a lot of products in general from Amazon )

So, just saying .. Amazon Prime is not immune to the supply chain interruptions.

Granted, Amazon "fulfill by Amazon" should be doing a better job than others as they have more control of their warehouse to customer's door vs many others ..

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I keep one of these in the trunk with a few of the most common sockets. My days of 4-Y wrestling are about over. this works pretty good for removing tight lugs.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.