Bradford pear tree down

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just happened about 1/2 an hour ago or so. I thought the house was under attack, a whole lotta shaking going on from the thunder crashes, wind, and rain.

LOL, forgot to upload to youtube. Trying to upload now but connection unstable due to storm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I feel cheated!

No sound and no cats and dogs fallen from the sky either... :laugh:

All in good spirits. Sounds like one heck of a storm.

Tiger

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That storm was odd. At the time this happened there was no rain. Right before it happened there was just a breeze. It was like all hell broke loose all the sudden. One second nothing, then the next second extremely strong winds. I have more video of the storm. A tarp that tried to eat my wifes car, grandbabies outside toy car looking like it was driving itself across the driveway and yard. same for his toy lawnmower, another tarp blowing by, garbage from somewhere and even other peoples stuff wound up in my fenced in yard. When they rain caught up it came down by the buckets. Wish I had sound as it was loud. :)

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When we first bought this place there were 12 of the suckers. Six on each side of the driveway, that was one of the selling points my wife loved. The realtor told us they were pear trees. I thought cool, canning fruit! Then six years ago the first one fell across the driveway and declared war. I told the trees that if they stayed upright they could live, but woe to the tree that dropped even a limb across the driveway. The war has waged for six years with my wife getting angrier at me but I am holding firm to my promise (not a threat) to the trees. There is only one remaining now.

treethatdeclaredwar.jpg
Above is the tree that declared war.

Oh, and found out that the were not real pear trees, but the hated Bradford pear tree. Pretty to look at for two weeks out of the year. No real edible fruit, but a ton of work. So not worth the two weeks a year.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is that a Prius?
Yup, thats my wifes Prius. She got that because she puts so much mileage on a vehicle because she handles two stores in two different towns five days a week. It averages about 52 miles to the gallon. So it has been a huge help. What is ironic is with in a week of her getting it (bank is the one really owning it till paid off :p ) gas prices fell. lol But she will be ready for when gas prices go back up, they always do.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wind is helping you out there to get rid of them.
Yup, always the wind to take them down. Now if the heat would just back off I could finish the job. 95 degree weather with feels like temps of 100+ does not help me at all. My age, weight, and intolerence to heat have really hindered me. Plus being chsed inside by storms 3 of the 5 days I have been working on it. I almost have it though. It has been a fight every step of the way. When it is you doing the cutting, pulling, and stacking, by yourself it is slow going. I think Bradford pears have a zillion branches and all of them growing every which way so they are all tangled up. Taking today off as I can barely move. **sigh**