Bricked 7608N-E2/8P - Can't TFTP

Bmrboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm hoping you could help me out. I had a 7608N-E2/8P that I was configuring for a job on the 3.3.4 firmware (I think). Anyway - it only added 6 out of the 7 cameras I was installing. After doing a factory reset, none of the cameras would show up. What the heck? I tried flashing a different firmware but I think I put the wrong one on (it's a green image). When I turn on the NVR, it boots up to that screen, beeps like 15 times and then resets.

I tried doing TFTP, but it doesn't work. I have the laptop set to 192.0.0.128 and I can ping 192.0.0.64 when it boots until it resets. At no point can I get the TFTP program to load a different firmware. I've tried putting both connections to a switch, direct, etc.. No dice. Does anyone have any tips I can try?

More importantly - I don't understand why I have so much trouble getting the cameras to work on this firmware. Something with the Plug-n-Play? Thanks for any information...

Matt

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had the same model, and I was trying all the ways to TFTP it without any luck. Looks like Hikvision had modified the way TFTP works, or they might have put more security into the way of flashing the machine. I posted this topic yesterday, nobody knows how yet.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Windows 10 can get in the way of the tftp updater, as can the Windows firewall if it's not allowing inbound connections from the NVR. (Windows Firewall | Advanced settings | Inbound rules for tftpserve.exe)