Bricked FI990P V7

Reaction score
I have two Foscam FI990P V7 cameras that I managed to screw up by loading firmware for version 1 of this camera. Neither one would boot after the upgrade (don't even ask why I tried the second camera after bricking the first one). I received the recovery image from Foscam and attempted to recover it. The first camera went just fine. I installed the SD Card with the recovery image, and a few minutes later, it was back to normal, and I could upgrade the firmware with the proper upgrade file. The second camera did not go as well.

I connected to the serial port to see what was happening. The camera detected the recovery image on the SD card and appeared to recover the system just fine. When it was done, I powered it off, removed the SDCard, and powered it back up. The only thing on the screen is:

Get dtb failed
Get dtb failed,

Nothing else, and I get no response to anything I type.

I also successfully recovered via TFTP from the recovery image on my TFTP server, but the results were the same. It found the recovery file and restored the system on the camera. But after a reboot, the same issue, "Get dtb failed."

Does anyone have thoughts on how to get this camera to boot again?

Thank you.