bricked foscam fi9828p

Puma89

n3wb
Reaction score
Try with this recovery package for 9828V2:
https://file.io/CoEwYb
And once again this thread is beign digged up from its grave.... does anyone have the fi9828p v2 recovery package? I tried contacting foscam but they once again said they cannot provide the recovery package as it doesn't exist, and the download links aren't available anymore

Reaction score
Hello guys, sorry to dig up this old tread.
but i bricked my Foscam FI9828P V2 by an wrong firmware (FI9828p V1) and now it does nothing (only the leds light up)
i tried to read this whole tread, but i cannot do anything whitout the pictures missing, can someone prive the pics?
all the links are broken.

please help us out.

sorry for my bad english, im dutch

GaryTTirn

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems the recovery files mentioned in post #80 are still available and that serial recovery Zip-package contains instructions also.

Of course it is possible that there isn't a working uboot-bootloader anymore in the camera and then the serial recovery won't be possible.
The last option would probably be writing the firmware directly to the SPI flash chip with SOIC clip, Rasberry Pi and flashrom, but I wonder if anyone has ever tried that.

Puma89

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Gary,
post #80 states the firmware is for FI9928P V2, woudl it work equally well for the FI9828P V2?

GaryTTirn

n3wb
Reaction score
There are firmwares for both 9928 and 9828.

The serial port update package is for 9828P.

Puma89

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this up once again, never got around to actually connecting the camera. However I get a different screen when connecting to the cam compared the one in the tutorial (I attached a snapshot), in particular the real problem is that it's asking me for a password which I couldn't find. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Attachments

GaryTTirn

n3wb
Reaction score
No thanks goes to Foscam for helping with the password but I did find the uboot password. Not too hard, it is not a proper salted SHA-256 uboot password, but a plaintext string "ipc.fos~".
Their recovery image is not encrypted like their normal images, so simple hexdump of the flash_FI9828PV2_1.4.1.10_2.11.1.132.bin revealed the password.
Back in the day when I had to flash my 9828 via TFTP the password was "ipc.fos~".

tpunt

n3wb
Reaction score
The files for the FI9928P in post # 80 are no longer available (dropbox). Is there anyone who still has them?

Peter1986

n3wb
Reaction score
i am sorry for reopening this tread...
i am really intrested in the fi9828w recovery Firmware. can someone share this with me?

Kaneda

n3wb
Reaction score
i am sorry for reopening this tread...
i am really intrested in the fi9828w recovery Firmware. can someone share this with me?
Same here, I have bricked mine some years ago and I have a bit of free time to try to salvage it, so I'd like to give it a shot.
Mine is booting fine, but no way to get into the Admin Page and I get some weird SSL errors when trying to debug that.

Kaneda

n3wb
Reaction score
Update on my side,
I email Foscam support with my serial number and a photo of the identification info on the camera, asking them for the exact filename I wanted.
After their enquiry on where I learned about the process for burning the flash to camera via serial port (my response "on the internet forums" :cool:), they sent me the download link for flash_FI9828PV2_1.4.1.10_2.11.1.132.bin

I'll let you know how my recovery goes

Attachments

Last edited:

Kaneda

n3wb
Reaction score
finally my seller sent me instructions ad finally gained acces with teraterm and aparently its missing the bootloader , no where says bootloader or press key ,it keeps uncompressing linux files but starts over again
It would be super useful to know which connectors are the correct one. None of the dropbox files are available anymore and just indicating the position on the board would help a lot !

Thanks

Kaneda

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, I have a FI9828PV2 and support told me it cannot recover from SD card.

I want to use the TFTP method, but I haven't yet found the connection points for the TTL serial port on that board.

mrcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is the recover firmware of my FI9928P (and instructions), which I get today from the support. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me :-(
My camera is in boot loop...
No connection possible, reset button also doesn't work.
If the root system is corrupted, the sdcard recovery does not work (it does not reach the point where the system is ready to read the sd card I think)
You need the serial recovery method (conneting your device to the serial port and transfer the firmware with tftp to your device).
It was the same issue I encountered (see post above). You need the file for your device

Attachments

Last edited:

Kaneda

n3wb
Reaction score
In the zip file for your device there is a picture with the connection points
Worked like a charm with no issue. There is a connector on my board for the serial, so instead of soldering I just ordered one and plugged the right wires that into my USB serial connector.

Attachments

G3ck0

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

With the help of this forum i was able to recover my Cams that was bricked since the last update.
I can connect to the cam but cant log in the Webui or add the Cam in VMS.

I think because i dont have the right firmware. I flashed with fi9900p but cam is FI9905B, but i cannot find this firmware.
Anyone have firmware file for FI9905B?