Bridge for NVR Video over WiFi?

brightnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using Dahua cameras that will be connected to a Dahua NVR (haven't settled on a NVR just yet). I can't connect my NVR to a modem directly but I do have a WiFi signal and would like to see the footage when a motion event occurs remotely on my phone. I've seen some bridges that need to be on both the NVR end and Router end, can someone suggest a bridge with good range that only needs to be on the NVR side? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm using Dahua cameras that will be connected to a Dahua NVR (haven't settled on a NVR just yet). I can't connect my NVR to a modem directly but I do have a WiFi signal and would like to see the footage when a motion event occurs remotely on my phone. I've seen some bridges that need to be on both the NVR end and Router end, can someone suggest a bridge with good range that only needs to be on the NVR side? Thanks in advance!
Needed distance would help.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I second the Nanostation loco M2. Great line of products!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen some bridges that need to be on both the NVR end and Router end, can someone suggest a bridge with good range that only needs to be on the NVR side? Thanks in advance!
Then it wouldn't be a bridge. Both ends are transceivers and both require not only high transmit power but also high receiver sensitivity.

As @looney2ns and @th182 have said, a Ubiquiti Layer 2 Transparent Bridge is the way to go. if you set up as in the guide here, it functions as a CAT-5e cable. My suggestion would be since it's only 300 ft. and very good LOS I'd go with the 5GHz flavor of the Loco, as below. Your NVR's LAN port would go where the "Barn/Shop" end has the switch pictured :

Ubiquiti_layer2_bridge-cams.jpg

Last edited:

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes use Ubiquity M5's not M2's. M5's have way more channel options and will work well even with poor line of sight at that distance.