Broken camera or some setting?

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the last few days, I have started seeing my VT02311R-WP camera do something funky in the evenings just before it goes into night mode.

Parts of the image go into "flourescent" mode for lack of a better term.

Now today, it is doing it during the day. It is not all the time, but quite often. I am not seeing this with the 180 or 5442 cameras.

Quesion: Is this some setting I have messes is somewhere or is the camera bad?

Here is an example:

1675967083989.jpeg

Thanks,

Eric

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like a codec issue that BI is struggling with? Make sure just H264 or H265 without a plus or smart codec.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah looks like you are running plain H264.

Up the Receive Buffer in BI to 20MB.

And then try the ole reboot the camera and BI

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, will do.

Funny thing is while I was looking though the settings again after posting my settings, I clicked the compensation mode by accident and changed it and the video was fixed, then I put it back, and it was still fixed.

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Mike A. Is there some reason that WDR compensation would go crazy, or is it just one of those software "things" that happens from time to time?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Not that I can think of in particular. Maybe whatever transition from day/night and/or something about the scene/brightness is confusing it. Do you have WDR on for both day and night? Maybe try turning that off as a test and see what it does.

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That was what I accidentally changed, and then changed right back (without saving), and now it is working fine.

I set the Receive Buffer in BI to 20MB, so for now I'll just keep an eye on it, and chalk it up to software gremlins.