Broken HDW5231R-Z pigtail cable

Bob Sherger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi there,

I removed some cameras from a place I lived previously. When I remove one of the pigtails from the hole it was pushed into, I think I yanked it too hard and I realized it immediately since it felt like it kinda stretched out where the white cable connects to the pigtail connector (where the ethernet cable plugs in). The camera no longer works, which is no surprise. Is it possible to repair this camera? I was thinking I could use a cat 6 keystone jack but I'm wondering how I would connect that. If there is a part on ebay I can buy, that would be even better.

Any tips on a fix so I can resurrect this camera?

Bob Sherger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cut the pigtail head off and does look like I did sever the colored cables from inside the jacket as they came right out with no force. I sliced open and pulled the pigtail head apart where the soldered connections were. Can't really tell which wire gets soldered to what. Not sure how good my soldering skills are which is why I'm wondering if I can just crimp a keystone jack onto this, but I need to know which color goes to what RJ45 color code. PIcture posted here:

dahua_pigtail_broken.jpg