Browser Needed for Windows 11 That Will Fully Run SmartPSS

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Upgraded the desktop computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 earlier this week. i.e. free upgrade

The updated operating system (Win 7 to Win 10) will run IE 11 for SmartPSS to access a Dahua NVR with the typical Microsoft warning screens. All the SmartPSS buttons are shown and active. Works the same as it did on Windows 7.

IE 11 Buttons.PNG

However, will be replacing the desktop with a Windows 11 machine that can not run IE 11 as specified by Microsoft.

Loaded, as a test, Pale Moon on the Win 10 system. It will run SmartPSS, but with missing buttons/controls.

Pail Moon Buttons.PNG

Notice the missing slow/fast forward and reverse buttons.

Any suggestions for a browser that will be 100% compliant with Windows 11 and SmartPSS? i.e. all the SmartPSS buttons/controls will work?

Assume that Dahua is working on a SmartPSS update. Any information on when an update may be released?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
You are confusing the NVR's web interface with smartPss. smartPss is a standalone application. I find smartPss much easier to use for viewing video, over the web interface. I'm sure there are some who disagree, and you still need good access to the web interface or a direct connected monitor for NVR settings.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are confusing the NVR's web interface with smartPss. smartPss is a standalone application. I find smartPss much easier to use for viewing video, over the web interface. I'm sure there are some who disagree, and you still need good access to the web interface or a direct connected monitor for NVR settings.
^^^^^THIS.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, did try Edge with the same result for the DVR interface.

Looks like a firmware update will be needed for the NVR so that it will work well with Windows 11.

Appreciate the suggestion.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are confusing the NVR's web interface with smartPss. smartPss is a standalone application.
You are 100% correct. Thank you so much for pointing out my error.

Yes, it is the NVR interface. Have a new NVR5216-16P-I purchased in October that one would assume had updated firmware for Windows 11 and its associated browsers. Will check with Andy and see if an update is presently available.

Did have SmartPSS loaded on the computer at one time, but could not find it. Will reinstall and explore.

Thanks again for your input.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that is a wrong assumption LOL. Brand new cameras made in 2022 still need to download the IE plug in. One of these days they will issue updates.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
one would assume had updated firmware for Windows 11 and its associated browsers.
I make a effort to be civil and respectful on the forum so let me apologize in advance for my snide response:
Dream on.......

I have a copy of IE11 for the sole purpose of talking to the NVR, and occasionally the cameras. I can do pretty much what I need to on the cameras with Pale Moon. I have to run IE11 in admin mode to see all of the NVR features. I've not heard of anybody else having this problem. If you do look for smartPss, my experience is that the 64-bit version works better than the 32-bit version with the V4 UI on the NVR.