BTW this place

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is rough on my wallet
I bought 8 cams to look around and see wha ti have
you fucks made me spend 600 more today to get cams to cover shit i thought i alreay covered but looks like ass now that im up and running
I cant stress enough the importance of buying 1 or 2 GOOD varifocals, just to test and cover. Im already angry at a couple of cams that dont do what i imagined they would do, so ill replace them and they can sit in the corner thinking about what they have done
12mm focal isnt as far as i thought, so i just bought a 60...lol. and a few others as i already need to upgrade

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Is rough on my wallet
I bought 8 cams to look around and see wha ti have
you fucks made me spend 600 more today to get cams to cover shit i thought i alreay covered but looks like ass now that im up and running
I cant stress enough the importance of buying 1 or 2 GOOD varifocals, just to test and cover. Im already angry at a couple of cams that dont do what i imagined they would do, so ill replace them and they can sit in the corner thinking about what they have done
12mm focal isnt as far as i thought, so i just bought a 60...lol. and a few others as i already need to upgrade
For sure.

I thought 12mm would be more impressive than it is in some locations, but it's not.

What are you drinking on? :rofl:

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For sure.

I thought 12mm would be more impressive than it is in some locations, but it's not.

What are you drinking on? :rofl:
actually nothing, just thought it was funny that i bought good stuff, and already need to upgrade..lol
i have 35 acres. and have some big areas to cover
Someone shot my shop and it went through my trailer inside of the shop
so i need to be able to see about 100 yards to my south from my shop
I know who did it, drunken kids riding a sxs, but i have no proof.
but now that you mention it, i could use a drink...hahahaha

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well that is quite a nice start. With that much area to cover you need some 25X to 45X PTZ's from Empiretech.
Great selection from $389. to $2280.
I use them to monitor animules up to about a mile. If your barn is within view of your casa then you need to shoot a network to it with some Ubiquiti or other access point/station so you can moinitor the cameras that you install there.
It doesn't end.

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well that is quite a nice start. With that much area to cover you need some 25X to 45X PTZ's from Empiretech.
Great selection from $389. to $2280.
I use them to monitor animules up to about a mile. If your barn is within view of your casa then you need to shoot a network to it with some Ubiquiti or other access point/station so you can moinitor the cameras that you install there.
It doesn't end.
my shop is about 50' from the house and the "barn" is about 150 to the door.
The barn is 75x30 with a concrete floor, so the guy built a nice barn...lol
I plan on working some cams in on the shop and barn.
My nearest neighbor is about 1/2 mile (the one that i think shot my shop and trailer)
im not going to look into their yard, but i want to cover that end of the barn just to keep an eye on it
thanks for the tip on the ubiquiti setup. I was trying to figure out how to run cable out there

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on all the above regarding Ubiquiti.

A Point-to-Point (PtP) is only slightly different as compared with a Point-to-Multipoint (PtMP) and depends mostly only the antenna angle of the "Home" AP (Access Point), as the 2 STATIONS ("Shop" and "Barn') will be pointed toward the AP.

Here's 2 links to set up either schema:

Below is a PtP schema I've put in place a dozen times:
Ubiquiti_layer2_bridge-cams.jpg

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is an example where I had to do a multipoint to get internet to a neighbor. I had to make the barn the AP. Note that the LOCO at the barn had to cover quite an angle to communicate to both of the stations.
Dee Internet.JPG