BUG?Motion Detection ON but no drawn zones, AND Line&Intrusion dont flag as alarm

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys just wondering whether anyone has this Motion/ Line/ Intrusion bug with 5.2.5. Incidentally my camera is 2432F 3mp dome but possibly it won't matter.

I have a 4mp 5.3.3 and have yet to try that to see if the same condition exists but can/will.

CONFIGURATION:
The scenario is as follows:

1. MOTION DETECTION ENABLED but Dynamic analysis disabled, and no motion regions drawn. Trigger Channel not checked.
2. Line Crossing enabled, with send email enabled, and trigger channnel enabled
3. Intrusion detection , with send email enabled, and trigger channel enabled

I've confirmed with Motion areas drawn and enabled that Intrusion and Line crossing work as expected, emails, AND it flags events on the recordings, its just that I wanted to try Motion Detection not flagging on the trigger channel as I get too many with the sun and shadows.

PROBLEM:

In this scenario, there are no event flags on the SD Card recording for Intrusion or Line Crossing. The whole day was blank and I lost an event. I thought there should be as I have both (LINE/ INTRUSION) set to "trigger channel".

I did get an email with attached photos for a line crossing trigger though, hence I knew there was an event. Not sure about Intrusion as Intrusion doesn't trigger so readily and I cant be sure I had an event that day.

Under Storage, storage is set to record MOTION | (OR) ALARM e.g. Orange.

My questions are:

1. Has anyone seen this issue?
2. Is there a workaround?

3. I could draw one very very small motion detection region, and set all sensitivities high etc.
4. I could set Alarm recording to "ALARM" instead of ALARM | MOTION although I've never tried this so far.
5. Maybe some other setting is a work around, e.g. checking trigger channel on Motion with no regions .

Anyone have any learnings, so I don't have to waste another couple of hours/days mucking around with this through trial and error?

cheers