Bugs found in NVR I-series with R7 and G1

ethan118

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys

Found few bugs and I wonder if anyone can check and test if that is the case. Have reported this via the official channel (reseller/hikvision) , but the usual ignoring attitude after purchase and no real support. If anyone can report this in any other way to get this patched up, that will be great.

1)
NVR-I with firmware V4.40.016 build200803
Web Components version 3.0.7.31
Problem: live view and playback fine. But if you click capture/record, it fails ( I know about the add IP address trusted device in internet explorer , does not work)
The Web components version that only works correctly is version 3.0.7.16. Any Web components version after that keeps failing.
If you use Edge, it is worst, tells you to download plug-in always on top of the page above which is an eye sore.

2)
Glitch in DDNS
NVR V4.40.016 build200803, in the screen Network > Basic Network > DDNS
After setting up the DDNS, it will say Connect to server failed. But in actual fact the DDNS is working fine. You can access the camera successfully even if it says connect to server failed.
To fix that, you have to Untick the box Enable DDNS & Click Save. Then re-tick the box, retype the password then Click Save. Then it will say Status of DDNS is normal
When you restart the NVR , it goes back to failed again.
I do use the google 8.8.8.8

3)
Image issue with NVR and Cameras
NVR have been set to 50 % for Brightness, Contrast, Saturation and Sharpness (All default settings)
If you restart, or there is a power cut, The NVR- I Serie will put everything to 39% when you check the NVR Image tab. WHY?????
Then when you check the individual cameras, the cameras will have Brightness, Contrast, Saturation to 60% but only the Sharpness to 50% . WHY???????
If you remove the NVR in the equation, all cameras stay the same after a restart. So, this tells me the NVR affects the cameras after power cycle

4)
for example you play few cameras in Synchronous, pick the time 8am, only the first one will start at 8am, the other one/ones will start from midnight or will not play. You have to keep pressing stop/play and mess about a lot for it to actually start at 8am for the other cameras. This bug happens locally and remotely via hik-connect . I have more than 11 cameras. It is impossible for the playback to cope with that. let alone all are 8mp, only the 2mp and one or two 8mp will play.

Do not get me wrong hikvision cameras are ok, but the service after the day of your purchase, the way to report bugs in hikvision is so bad and they will never ever accept anything you tell them. worst case they will fix it quietly without adding it on the release notes.

ethan118

n3wb
Reaction score
I spotted these issues in V4.40.015 , then upgrade to .016 hoping they will be fixed. None were fixed after reporting to my reseller. The hik tech guy said he does not deal with customers directly so I passed it to my reseller again which did not push forward. So unfortunately.015 and .016 upgrades still with the bugs in.

I have seen official videos from hikvision resellers showing the problem I relate in number 3 when they doing demo NVR. That was a problem firmware dated since 2017.