Build an affordable P.A. system for my driveway?

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Alright, I'm glad everyone has had a good laugh at my expense :D ........ (it was deserved).

Obviously sebastiantombs and garycrist are correct. My misunderstanding comes from the fact that audio manufactures typically post their power consumption figures at 1/8th of the max power usage and not 100% power usage. This means the power specs on their websites don't match the "max wattage" rating of their equipment which resulted in my misunderstanding. They do this because the industry has decided that 1/8th power is an accurate representation of what an average amplifier is going use in power in an average situation. Obviously actual power draw will depend on the overall voltage which increases with loudness, but a speaker is never going to draw 100% power all the time - at least not for very long ;). The manufactures 1/8th power usage specs are pretty accurate and can be used to determine normal power consumption in a typical use setting. In a use case like the OP is suggesting, the power consumption would be well below the manufactures 1/8th specs. This is also why you will really never need 10amps to drive a 100watt 12volt speaker because you will never actually drive the speaker that hard even though Ohms law says that is the power needed.

Reaction score
Hi gents,

Just checking in to say "hi" and use my login credentials. Great to see everybody is still active and hangin' in here. I've been MIA for a while since my system has been dialed and performing flawlessly for the most part. Alas, I've re-immersed myself into my vintage VW hobby and have been working on my '65 Beetle for much of this time.

The asshole is still trolling in front of my house in the wee hours of the night. On about 10/14 he scattered a bunch more of his Jack in the Box fast-food trash in front, so I decided game-on: I scooped it all up in a bag and the next night brought it all back to his house in his quaint, well-manicured neighborhood on the posh side of town and scattered it across the front of his property. It was extremely exhilarating and satisfying. My message to him is, "Any shit you bring to my house, goin' right back to your house."

Then, as part of the plan, about two weeks afterward, mailed him screenshots of my footage with him dumping trash in front of my house over the last 11 months, along with an image of the police report incident card. Basically he's on notice that we know WHO he is and WHERE he is. Surprisingly, he's been back by two more times since, which is in the past week. Perhaps he wanted to get a look at the cameras and see how in the hell I caught him and figured out who he is. In any case, I'm expecting this is a forever-problem and I'll be dealing with him until he croaks.

Cheers, and thanks again for all the support in building up my system!

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Steve.L Do you know why he started dropping trash at your house? Did you have a run-in with him before his first visit to your property?

Side note, for some reason YouTube has been suggesting a ton of these videos on my account:

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi gents,

The asshole is still trolling in front of my house in the wee hours of the night. On about 10/14 he scattered a bunch more of his Jack in the Box fast-food trash in front, so I decided game-on: I scooped it all up in a bag and the next night brought it all back to his house in his quaint, well-manicured neighborhood on the posh side of town and scattered it across the front of his property. It was extremely exhilarating and satisfying. My message to him is, "Any shit you bring to my house, goin' right back to your house."

2 Approaches I can see:

1. Look at environmental laws for fly tipping and see if your City will take action

2. Get an Injunction keeping him from coming with X yards of your property. If he breaches one he could face arrest and jail.

3. Get a gun and learn how to use it. Not to shoot him (!!!!) but for self defence in case he goes crazy after 1 and 2 and attacks you or your house, depending on your local laws.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi gents,

2 Approaches I can see:

1. Look at environmental laws for fly tipping and see if your City will take action

2. Get an Injunction keeping him from coming with X yards of your property. If he breaches one he could face arrest and jail.

3. Get a gun and learn how to use it. Not to shoot him (!!!!) but for self defence in case he goes crazy after 1 and 2 and attacks you or your house, depending on your local laws.
[/QUOTE]

you are messing with a crazy person and you don't already have firearms and training? that is crazy in itself

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
include:
Video Alarm Control Panel * 1Pcs
3MP PTZ Camera * 1Pcs
Passive infrared sensor * 1Pcs
Curtain PIR Detector * 1Pcs
Door sensor * 2Pcs
Panic Button * 1Pcs
Remote keyfob * 1Pcs

Alarm Security Kit
LAN, WiFi, PSTN for communication;
28 wireless detectors+8 wireless keyfobs+4 wireless sirens+2 wired zones+1 alarm out+1 wired siren, 150m transmission distance(open space, no interference)
4CH IPC surveillance
30s voice message
RFID reader(arm and disarm)
3.7V/1900mAh Li-ion backup battery up to 4 hours when main power off
4.3'' TFT screen
Max 128GB SD card for video recording
Airfly technology, 2-way dynamic 128-bit AES encryption
Globally control. Know what's happing 24/7, preview and playback video, receive notifications via DMSS anywhere anytime
Entry and exit delays
Easy installation, no wiring. No contracts and monthly fees
1 Video alarm control panel, 1 PIR detector, 1 curtain PIR detector, 2 door/window detector, 1 remote control, 1 panic button, 1 IPC-A35
ARC5402A-W
NameVideo Alarm Control Panel
System
Main ProcessorHigh-performance industrial embedded microcontroller
Operating SystemEmbedded LINUX
In and Out
Wired Zones2 on-board zones
Wireless Zones28 wireless detectors, 2-way communication, transmission range up to 150m open space
Alarm Output1-ch relay output
Tamper Funtion1 tamper switch
Wireless keyfob8 wireless keyfobs
Siren4 wireless sirens + 1 wired siren
StorageMax 128GB micro SD card for video recording, USB device to backup video
ID CardRFID reader(arm/disarm)
Network
Network FunctionTCP/IP, DHCP, WIFI, P2P, IP Search(Support IP camera), DMSS
Interface
Network Interface1 RJ-45 Port(10/100Mbps)
RS4851 Port
PSTN2 groups PSTN, support Contact ID standard protocol alarm
Wired Siren1 wired siren(12V/0.5A)
Auxiliary Power Output1 auxiliary power output(12V/0.5A)
ResetInsert two ends of cable into the holes to reset
USB1 USB 2.0 port to record or upgrade
Audio and Video
IP Camera Channel4 Channel
CompressionH.264
ResolutionD1
LCD Screen4.3 inch TFT screen, 480*272 resolution
Audio In1 ch audio in for 30s voice message
Audio Out1 ch audio out for voice and alarm broadcast
Upgrade
Remote UpgradeUSB disk or ConfigTool to remotely upgrade
General Parameters
Main PowerDC12V/2A
Backup Battery3.7V/1900mAh, Li-ion
Power Consumption≤5W
Operating Temperature-10℃~ +55℃
Humidity10% ~ 90%
Device Dimensions216*118*28mm
Device Weight<1kg
InstallationWall mounting
ARD1231-W
NameWireless passive infrared sensor
DetectionPassive infrared
Detection Range12m×12m, 90°
Alarm promptRed LED, can be set to switch off
SensitivityTwo level (jumper)
Wireless Frequency433/868MHz
Transmit power10dBm
Transmit distance150m open area/no interference
Pet immunity≤18Kg
Resistance light6500LUX
Working environment-10°C~+50°C, humidity <95°
Overall dimensions/weight105mmx62mmx41.3mm/0.1kg
TamperUnit protection and leaving-wall protection
Power1xCR123A battery
Installation heightWall mount, 2.2-2.5m
ARD1611-W
NameWireless Curtain PIR Detector
DetectionPassive infrared
Detection Range10m/15°
Alarm promptNotification LED light, can be set to switch off
SensitivityTwo level (jumper switch)
Transmit power10dBm
Transmit distance150m, open area/no interference
Resistance light6500LUX
TamperUnit protection and leaving-wall protection
Power1xCR123A battery
Working environment-10°C~+50°C, humidity <95°
Overall dimensions/weight99mmx52mmx35mm/0.1kg
Installation heightCeiling/Wall mount, 2.2-2.5m
Installation heightWall mount, 2.2-2.5m
ARD311-W
NameWireless door sensor
Motion distance25-40mm
Alarm promptNotification LED light, can be set to switch off
Transmit Power10dBm
Transmit Distance150m(open area/no interference)
TamperFront cover and rear cover protection
Power1xCR123A battery
Installation WayScrew and glue
Dimensions84*39*22mm
Weight0.1kg
Temperature-10°C~50°C
Humidity< 95%
InstallationScrew or glue to mount
ARD800-W
NamePanic Button
Trigger AlarmButton pressed down
Alarm promptAlarm success: green LED on
Alarm failure: red LED on
Transmit Power10dBm
Transmit Distance150 meters(open area/no interference)
Indoor 30 meters, 1 wall capability
Power1xCR2450 battery
Dimensions42*43.8*13mm
Weight0.05kg
Temperature-10°C~55°C
Humidity< 95%
InstallationHang on the neck or 3M glue to mount
ARA22-W
NameRemote keyfob
Working VoltageDC3.0V
Frequency433/868MHz
Transmit Power10dBm
KeyAway Arm/Stay Arm/Disarm/SOS
Temperature-10°C~55°C
Ingress protectionIP20
Dimension62*30*14mm

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Some crazy people out there. Thought of you and @IReallyLikePizza2 when I saw this

What the hell wrote that trainwreck of a story??