Building a script to control SMARTPSS in order to control camera

tankman

n3wb
Reaction score
This idea is a workaround for accessing a Dahua camera remotely when router configuration (port forwarding) is not possible.

After reviewing the SDK for Dahua cameras, I've come to the conclusion that it is not possible to use the SDK/API to access and control the camera via P2P. It must be done via Port forwarding/pubic IP address etc.

As a work around to setting up port forwarding on the router (when there are situations when access to the router is not permitted), has anyone tried building a script to communicate with the camera via Smart PSS on a windows machine.

This feels like it would be a bit of a hack job, but I don't see any other solution for having custom coding to control a camera remotely when a router cannot be tampered with.

(I'm also assuming the Hikvision and other major camera brands don't have a P2P access option in the SDK/API, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks.

tankman

n3wb
Reaction score
The script is to allow visitors to our website to control the ptz of the camera. the camera view is of a tourist destination.