Building to pole aerial cable run question

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I need to run two Cables from this building to the flag pole to mount two cameras. Though I have never done an airial install before, I think outdoor grade cable may be rigid enough to run this short span without the need for rj45 airial cable or some sort of messanger wire lashing. At both ends, I'm asuming an eye hook of some sort would surfice as an anchor point?

Not sure what should be used hoping for some guidance from someone with more experiance in this area.

smPXL_20231027_162949648.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this just temporary? if not, I'd think that O/H would look pretty crappy and the building owner/manager would not allow it. I know I wouldn't.

That's a narrow asphalt walkway between the building and the pole base, I'd sawcut that S/W about an inch deep with a 3/8" blade, lay in 2 direct burial cables and caulk it with asphalt-based roofing cement....or push a piece of 3/4" conduit under that S/W. The rest of it is dirt...easy peasy.

Either way, coming into the base of the pole into a 3/4" LB condulet or with 3/4" liquidtite flex sure would look nicer.....IMO.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is this just temporary? if not, I'd think that O/H would look pretty crappy and the building owner/manager would not allow it. I know I wouldn't.

That's a narrow asphalt walkway between the building and the pole base, I'd sawcut that S/W about an inch deep with a 3/8" blade, lay in 2 direct burial cables and caulk it with asphalt-based roofing cement....or push a piece of 3/4" conduit under that S/W. The rest of it is dirt...easy peasy.

Either way, coming into the base of the pole into a 3/4" LB condulet or with 3/4" liquidtite flex sure would look nicer.....IMO.
Its going to be a perminate install.

Originally, a pole in the middle of the parking lot was to be used in conjunction with a a nanostation. Come to find out, the pole they had stated had 24 7 electricity was in reality daisy chained to a light sensor and not usable.
So this was a quick plan B..

Now I'm wondering now if just mounting the two cameras under the soft would be best. One 180 camera on the front and one 180 on the side.