built in mic problem

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi all
I recently got a new : DH-HAC-HFW2249TP-I8-A its supposed to have a built in mic. this was not the reason i got this cam but i thought it would be a added bonus. anyway when i connected the cam to my Hikvision DVR-104G-F1 4 Channel i cannot get the sound to work. this is what i have tried so far
connected cam to dvr using rg45 cable
turned video and audio on in dvr both main and sub stream
turned audio on in live view. all volumes turned up
nothing so far.
anyone any ideas where i'm going wrong.. one thing i noticed on the camera it also as a line in cable as well as a built in mic. but i don't know why i would need to use this when it's supposed to work over coaxial cable,,

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Go into the web GUI of the camera and shut off the noise filter. Dahuas noise filter is very aggressive and mutes almost all sounds unless directly in front of and near the camera.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Go into the web GUI of the camera and shut off the noise filter. Dahuas noise filter is very aggressive and mutes almost all sounds unless directly in front of and near the camera.
thanks for the reply. they is no noise filter in the interface. this isn't a ip cam they is only turn audio on or off .

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
the tech team from where i got the cam says the sound won't work on a hikvision dvr. although everthing else works. they have offered me a return if i want one. not sure if i will the night time colour view is really good and not a ir on it,

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That makes sense. I have some CVI cams and a Dahua XVR but as I ran Cat5 with baluns and am using the available wires for video and power, no way for sound. Would have with RG59

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That makes sense. I have some CVI cams and a Dahua XVR but as I ran Cat5 with baluns and am using the available wires for video and power, no way for sound. Would have with RG59
the cameras ok. it's my hik dvr it doesn't support audio over coaxial. but the night view makes up for no sound until i get a better dvr. this is on default settings i need to tone the brightness down a little

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, I still have a few Starlight CVI cameras that Ive had no reason to replace with IP. If nothing else, the Smart IR is generally superior to that of many IP cams for some reason...