Bullet Camera Between 100ft and 200ft

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am looking for two bullet cameras with a range between 100ft and 200ft with a varifocal lens.

I would like to crisscross X the bullets on a home that has a front semi circular driveway.

However, if I go with a straight line from the home to the road on each side of the home like a Y pattern; I am easily under a 100ft range on each side.

I want to have these cameras focused on cars that drive by in the neighborhood and want something especially with great IR.

Would like to be able to catch tags but may be I am pushing.

Let me know what your using or think I should go with and thanks.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you seen the various recommendation threads in LPR forum? There’s a big one about someone using a Z12 from 137ft away.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
i'd suggest a couple of LPR cams in either direction PLUS at least one cam with good low-light capabilites that can be used to ID vehicles and their colors as they go by. Once set up for reading plates/tags at night, you won't see anything but plates & head/tailights, which is where the extra 'overview' cam(s) come in...

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@botics Yes do check out the thread that @aristobrat mentioned. A number of us there are running the 5231-Z12 at long distance. Personally I have mine about 142 ft and am getting good results. @bigredfish and others getting great results too. Good thread in getting you started. You can then (as I and others do) pass a stream into OpenALPR and process tags that way if you wish. Again, lots more in the thread with some great suggestions on setup/config etc.