bullet camera question

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe I don't remember correctly as it was over a year ago when I put up my first Dahua bullet camera, seems like I recall it swivels at the base? Loosen the set screw and pivot it as needed then lock it in place?

They all swivel where the arrow points or no?20211108_142505.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, there should be a screw there for you to loosen to pivot it.

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep, there should be a screw there for you to loosen to pivot it.
I thought so but wanted to be sure before getting a little aggressive with it to get to move.

I completely removed that set screw and couldn't move it, I put a little into it but not much didn't want to break nothing. Perhaps simply just not enough to move it for the very first time.

Thank you, when I rework it I'll try again. (As in remove the stick for shim behind it:))

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It may have been turned too many times during construction and is tight, so you may need to take it down and loosen up the nut behind it.

When I had to make big swings in pivot, I found that to be the easiest way to approximate line it up and then fine tune with the screws and movement on the camera side.

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yea the way they are made you either get right and left adjust or up or down adjust with the mount flush to the viewing area, one or the other but not both.

I mounted the first one with the mount at near 90degs to the viewing area so I could fine adjust both up/down and left/right. But that meant it had to swivel at its base for that to have worked.

The original one is several feet up and I didn't want to disturb it for fear of needing to realign it back to the same view again.