Burglar Caught

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Lousy alibi prepared ahead of time. That and details like smashing the alarm with the hammer shows this guy has some experience and was taught by someone who knows what they were doing. The video looks decent until you realize that you never really did get a decent face shot and it's DAYTIME! He looked right into the Nest cam out back and basically all you saw were eyes. Dark faces are harder to make out on a camera, particularly at night. If he'd ever walked away from the scene his lawyer could reasonably say that the video doesn't show his client.

eddiequeue

n3wb
Reaction score
Lousy alibi prepared ahead of time. That and details like smashing the alarm with the hammer shows this guy has some experience and was taught by someone who knows what they were doing. The video looks decent until you realize that you never really did get a decent face shot and it's DAYTIME! He looked right into the Nest cam out back and basically all you saw were eyes. Dark faces are harder to make out on a camera, particularly at night. If he'd ever walked away from the scene his lawyer could reasonably say that the video doesn't show his client.
Very true - the video doesn't show much beyond the general height, weight and skin color of the person. A higher resolution and proper lens would have done a better job - but this beats no camera I guess. I've always thought the Nest outdoor cameras were very susceptible to being stolen or tampered with.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
If it was any good it would've provided a great pic before he tampered with it.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very true - the video doesn't show much beyond the general height, weight and skin color of the person. A higher resolution and proper lens would have done a better job - but this beats no camera I guess. I've always thought the Nest outdoor cameras were very susceptible to being stolen or tampered with.
Not to mention the extremely over priced they are for nest and the quality is ummm yeah.