Burn It To The Ground

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow.....Diesel gone wild. By the taillights I was thinking initially GM / Duramax, but headlights are more like Dodge / Cummins (my vote). Definitely not a Ford / Powerstroke, though.
Whatever it was, it's a goner. Probably over-revved his tuner/chip-equipped motor, something blew......tough break. :idk:

Thanks for the share!

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It clearly was an accident so may be insurance claimable. However, they may not treat him so well on re-insuring and that's even assuming they don't wriggle out of paying on the grounds he was using it for racing or was contributory negligent making a reduced payment.

I'd guess he just overheated the differential in the transmission as it seemed to start under the front behind the wheel. Pulling doughnuts the inner and outer wheels will have been turning at differing speeds so the diff will have heated up. Maybe there was a fuel line that was touching that melted and then dropped fuel onto the hot transmission starting the fire. Eiher way, 5 mins of hooning and months of headaches with insurers, hunting a replacement and no truck.

mcapeed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Doing donuts in cold weather should NEVER end this way. Think about it, it can tow 18,000 or more pounds in high temps going up grades and do it for hours. Over heat and catch fire after a few donuts? No friggin way. Probably one of his mods failed….fuel line, oil line, electrical or something along those lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Doing donuts in cold weather should NEVER end this way. Think about it, it can tow 18,000 or more pounds in high temps going up grades and do it for hours. Over heat and catch fire after a few donuts? No friggin way. Probably one of his mods failed….fuel line, oil line, electrical or something along those lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am willing to bet it was his iPhone that caught the truck on fire.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just to add.
I brought a new Ford F150 back in 2001.
A year later I received a recall notice that said:
The cruise control module can catch on fire just sitting in the driveway. True story...

I now own 2015 F150 after having the 2001 for 14 years. The only recalls are for the doors open by there self. I do not care about the doors coming off, I wear a seat belt.