Busted by my wife!

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Like everyone else I do stupid things, I tend to do it more often...

I ordered 3 cameras from @EMPIRETECANDY now that the Black friday deals went live.

My plan was not to tell my wife about my order, but that the cameras would all of a sudden be installed when she got home one day (my normal procedure and has worked great so far!).

I asked Andy to register my mail and phone number to the forwarder to easily track the packets, so far so good.

Today, when me and my wife is working from home office she gets text message after text message and I hear her read out loud:
"Dear <my name>, your parcel from Andy is now in transit from the airport..."
I hear her yell from her office: WTF is this, what have you bought, who (the fu**) is Andy?!.

Right there and then I realise I gave Andy my wife's number instead of my own and the tracking texts was sent to her instead of me.

Man I felt stupid! But in the end this was the best thing as it's rather hard to sneak with 2x 49225XA-HNR as they are pretty bulky :)

Thanks Andy for great service, as always!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Like everyone else I do stupid things, I tend to do it more often...

I ordered 3 cameras from @EMPIRETECANDY now that the Black friday deals went live.

My plan was not to tell my wife about my order, but that the cameras would all of a sudden be installed when she got home one day (my normal procedure and has worked great so far!).

I asked Andy to register my mail and phone number to the forwarder to easily track the packets, so far so good.

Today, when me and my wife is working from home office she gets text message after text message and I hear her read out loud:
"Dear <my name>, your parcel from Andy is now in transit from the airport..."
I hear her yell from her office: WTF is this, what have you bought, who (the fu**) is Andy?!.

Right there and then I realise I gave Andy my wife's number instead of my own and the tracking texts was sent to her instead of me.

Man I felt stupid! But in the end this was the best thing as it's rather hard to sneak with 2x 49225XA-HNR as they are pretty bulky :)

Thanks Andy for great service, as always!
Who is that, Jake from State Farm ;)

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Get a ready for a huge spanking when she see's how much of an eyesore those PTZ cameras are :rofl: Even the 4" PTZ cameras are huge compared to the turrets
My wife has already seen a lot, this will be PTZ #3 and #4 and cameras #18,19&20 so she has seen the most already:)

She's didn't even complain when I surprised her with a 15" touch screen running Home Assistant, in her office.