BV-Tech PoE switch OK?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Is this switch ok? Home use, 4-8 cameras, maybe one small ptz

BV-Tech 8 Gigabit PoE+ Ports with 2 Enthernet Uplink, 130W, 802.3af/at POE-SW802G

Amazon.com: BV-Tech 8 Gigabit PoE+ Ports with 2 Enthernet Uplink, 130W, 802.3af/at POE-SW802G: Computers & Accessories

Can use dahua one, haha, also cheap, but better quality than the BV

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Can use dahua one, haha, also cheap, but better quality than the BV

Sorry Andy need one today and Amazon can deliver today if I order in 25 minutes. ;)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah but my system is dead in the water, so went with the BV-tech so back up and running today.

Have another order for you soon for a buddy needs 2 big PTZ's and some other cameras and I'll get the poE switch from you. ;)

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought one on eBay last year from them (refurbish) and it works great. Has been in garage during hot Oklahoma summers.

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bought that model (2 uplink) in June. Been working fine in my garage. Using all 8 ports, couple ptz's

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Makes me feel better.
Really not a networking guy, but specs looked good.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There have been a couple of reports of premature failures of BV-tech switches by members here.

Had no idea Andy was carrying switches. ;)

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have multiple BV-tech switches bought from Amazon. All are working perfectly fine for years. One of the BV-tech 10-port switch lives outdoors in a weatherproof box. Two 8 port switches live inside my media enclosure in house. They are sandwiched next to each other, they can get hot but I have a fan on it. BV-tech is good stuff in my book, low cost, but just make sure you buy new on Amazon. I also bought their single port POE+ injector and that has been flawless for 3+ years as well. BV Tech is my goto for poe devices.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Good choice, I use BV-Tech's 4-port PoE switch in a micro-environment. I use it when bench-testing cameras. I haven't had a single problem and its been running well since Day 1. Its been almost two years now. I have to keep in mind that all of these switches are extremely likely made in the same factory in China; there shouldn't be any compromise in quality. Most importantly, if you have this in a productive / working environment, you'll want a US-based warranty to go with that as well in case anything internally should fail.

Yeah but my system is dead in the water, so went with the BV-tech so back up and running today.

Have another order for you soon for a buddy needs 2 big PTZ's and some other cameras and I'll get the poE switch from you. ;)