California July Earthquake Home Vidio

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a video showing the July 5 California earthquake where I live. I was sitting at my desk and could feel it coming. It just got stronger and stronger. No damage at my house as I am about 150 miles away from the epicenter. I will post the July 4th earthquake later today as it has something a little interesting in it.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Man, that lasted almost a minute, at least on your recording. Thanks for sharing.

I lived in Santa Clara County '74 to '04 when the Loma Prieta 'quake occurred in 1989. It was a 6.9 and lasted only 15 seconds, IIRC.
What caused a lot of damage was the shaking that caused liquefaction.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you think that was mainly the camera mount moving? I am about 95 miles from epicenter and the one cam I had that was continuous really doesn't show much movement. It is mounted pretty solidly on an 8 in steel post.
I was hoping for a dramatic shot but pretty boring. Maybe because everything moved in unison. I can tell you we got out of the house for this one and my wife and I are both born angelinos. Used to sleeping through them!
This was pretty strong even at this distance.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This camera weighs between 17 and 18 pounds and the way it is supported does amplify the swinging and that is why I picked this camera for the action shots. :)

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like it was enough movement to trip the neighbors light across the way.

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Pretty impressive how mother nature is so powerful. Too bad there wasn't sound I but there was a rumble?