Calling all Dahau PTZ/BI Users......

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Asked about this last night and have sent request to BI support but haven't heard back. Just purchased a Dahau DH-SD59430U-HNI....so far its a great camera still trying to figure out IVS/autotraking and few other things, but also when I added it into BI I used the Find/Inspect feature which assigned Make as:Generic and Mode: RTSP H.264...now when I try to use PTZ function its hit or miss sometimes when I click arrow/zoom the response is immediate and sometimes there is a serious delay. I was instructed to try functions in Dahau SmartPSS which I did and have no problems at all with control, SmartPSS list the protocol as DH-SD1 ....my question is can anyone with a Dahau PTZ advise if they are using any specific camera PTZ protocol other that generic?

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is what I use for my mini black face IMG_20161104_135118.jpg IMG_20161104_135249.jpg

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tks for info yea my PTZ protocol is same but control is still very hit or miss. BI support contacted me provided them with remote to camera but haven't heard back....camera is great and Finally figured out advanced autotrak....I think the problem is that this camera and software are so new.....

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think the problem is that this camera and software are so new.....
this camera has been on the market in some form or another for at least 3 years now.. with the same software and protocols, just some tweaks to the hardware here and there as new sensors became avilable.

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the Dahua mini black face with blue iris. I just set mine up today. I used the settings that BillG has, I got video but no control of PTZ. So i switched Network IP to Dahua Other

cobra2

n3wb
Reaction score
I have older ver. of same cam. For erratic PTZ operation, try reducing frame rate, the CPU in the budget model is a bit slow/stressed at high frame rates.

Also, I'm using powerline ethernet over my HVAC power lines, which is also error prone, UDP doesn't work for me, TCP required for reliable PTZ/etc.