Calling all modders: Custom D&N Sensitivity

randyth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Most Dahua cams have the ability to automatically change between color mode and infrared based on the setting 'D&N sensitivity'. If you are unfamiliar with this, then see the excerpt from dahuawiki below.

When I put D&N on auto with the sensitivity on low, my 4421c camera switches to infrared in the following situation:
Picture in D&N color-mode:

Picture in D&N auto-mode with low sensitivity (and 8 sec delay):

I wish to have the sensitivity lower since I find the color picture more clear than the infrared picture (Most of you will probably prefer the B&W picture. But I prefer the color picture in this scenario. Therefor I do not want the cam to switch yet to infrared. I do want it to switch to infrared when it is way darker).

Does anyone know how to change this 'low' sensitivity threshold? (possible by changing values in the firmware or config files)? I'm using cor35vet's modified firmware.

Excerpt from dahuawiki about 'D&N sensitivity':
Day and Night
Used to determine when black and white mode is turned on in a dark environment.

• Color: always represents picture in color, does not use IR or black and white mode. Performs poorly in dimly lit areas unless you are using the Starlight series cameras.
  • Auto - Uses D&N Sensitivity setting to change between color mode and infrared
and black and white mode.

• Black & White - Always sets picture to black and white, however when
illumination is too dark it switches on IR mode.

If you selected Auto in the above setting you will see:

D&N Sensitivity
  • Low, Middle, and High modes are light thresholds to change Day and Night settings automatically.