Cam bricked : Can I restore it with another but same cam firmware/config ?

Sylv_01

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new guys on this forum (sorry for my bad English, I'm French...:mad-new:) and I've a trouble with one of my Hikvision cams...
I have 2 cams DS-2CD2132F-IWS : one who's working correctly and one was bricked after trying to update firmware...
For some reasons, I can't update or downgrade the 2nd with tftp, so my question is : can I make a extract of firmware/config from my first cam (who is working fine) with telnet for eg and replace it into the 2nd ? I think I will have to change mac address (same mac address will take network pbs), but it should be possible or not ?
Have somebody experience about this kind of procedure ?
Tanks in advance.
B.R.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
For some reasons, I can't update or downgrade the 2nd with tftp,
Depending on the problem you saw with tftp - for example 'initiallised' but no more messages - or 'file transmit' but no 'upgrading complete' message, you need to fix your TFTP installation. Maybe Windows firewall, or not having wired connections for PC and camera, maybe wrong version of firmware. @vasycara suggestion above is good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylv_01

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for you replies...
The pb is, when I try to up/downgrade with tftp, all seems to be fine (upgrading complete) but at the end I don't have any reboot of the cam, and the firmware still the same (saw in SADP tool)...
But perhaps my firmware is wrong, I will try this evening with this in the link...

Sylv_01

n3wb
Reaction score
Yesss !
It's working again...
I don't know if I had a pb with the firmware I tried to upload, but with this found in this forum, all is good !
Thanks a lot for your help...